Success with VSG book

goleftoklahoma
on 1/1/14 11:41 pm
VSG on 01/24/14

Some one on here I can't remember who suggested a book by Guillermo Alvarez I think it's called success after VSG.  Anyways it's on amazon and the kindle version is $10.  I read it from cover to cover and took notes.  It was very insightful and something to consider if you were ever as confused as me.  Good luck!!

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/1/14 11:53 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

I've recommended it in past posts and I'm glad you picked it up. It takes away the uncertainty of what you are supposed to be doing and why at every food phase. Like you said, it's $10, but it really helped me understand why I need to not drink fluids right before, during, or right after eating and the amount of carbs, protein and fluid goals I should be meeting daily to stay in weight loss mode was clearly stated

There are a number of people on here that have had surgery in Mexico or whose surgical team hasn't been clear about the different phases of introducing food and amounts as your stomach heals.  That's really unfortunate, but if that's the case, Dr Alvarez's book can bridge the gap.

Knowledge is power! Work that sleeve 

goleftoklahoma
on 1/2/14 12:14 am
VSG on 01/24/14

Yes it was you, that suggested it sometime last week, lol I got it that day and finished it that evening.  Thank you so much!  It saved me from making a bunch of mistakes! 

mkvand
on 1/2/14 6:55 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

The interesting thing about people going to Mexico and not getting a follow up plan, is Dr. Alavrez does VSG in Mexico, and gives copies of his book to his patients.  I'm having surgery with him next week.

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

happyteacher
on 1/1/14 11:54 pm

Didn't even know there was a book- thanks for the post!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views