12/31/2013 - I got the Golden Ticket.

Scribbler
on 1/1/14 3:29 am

Yesterday, I came home from work as usual and picked up the mail, and there was the slender envelope from my insurance company. "Oh, here's my rejection letter", I thought, since I have been rejected by insurance for WLS before. Lo and behold, it was an approval!

I will be having my VSG soon! (No date yet. I'll be calling my surgeon's office tomorrow maybe?)

So I finally felt that I'm able to create an account on OH and post in the forums, since this has suddenly become a Real Thing. I've read a bunch on here for months, but just lurked. 

So today, on this very happy day, I went ahead and filled in my profile and stuff. You can go read more about me or whatever, I put stuff in the boxes and put a picture up.

I have a pretty shoddy support system at the moment, and haven't even started the preop diet. I thought for so long that I wasn't going to get approved this time either, that I didn't take it very seriously. I've been shot down before. Suddenly, things just got Very Very Real.

rengirl1978
on 1/1/14 4:51 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Congrats and welcome! It's all fun from here on out :-P

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

pharmagirl_45
on 1/1/14 5:56 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Congrats and welcome.  You are on your way!  Hopefully you can get a date soon.  Good luck.

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

pram81
on 1/1/14 12:53 pm
VSG on 12/18/13

Welcome! We are all your support system now, so use us!! :)

Peggy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 149 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 423 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views