6 days since surgery

Kvp1029
on 1/3/14 2:26 am
Revision on 12/28/13

I am still exhausted and just want to sleep.  I'm not getting in enough protein and water but I am working on it.  Is being this drained normal?

themexcellentone
on 1/3/14 2:32 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
Yes...remember you're not getting in terribly many calories right now so you are going to be tired. Keep getting your fluids in. You don't want to be dehydrated.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

luvbskts
on 1/3/14 2:34 am

I was sleeved on 12/17, I am still really tired.  My surgeon said it takes a good 3 weeks for my energy to come back.

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/3/14 2:34 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Yep. I was wiped for the first week. Some fortunate people are up and raring to go. That wasn't me. You do need to get your fluids in. I drank quite a bit of G2 gatorade the first few weeks, decaf mint tea, decaf coffee, watered down apple juice, low sodium broth, protein shakes..if it's fluid it counts.  Your body needs protein to heal so try and get some bariatric protein soups, hot chocolate, shakes etc in you to help your body do what it needs to do. My surgeon had the Bari Life products to purchase for the clear liquid phase and full liquid phase and it was immensely helpful. 

Glow2182
on 1/3/14 3:07 am - WA

I assume it was just the Bari Life Bouillon soup that you were allowed to have on the clear liquid phase? How did those taste? I'm wondering if I should buy those or the Unjury soups that I've heard a lot about... 

Thanks!

HW 505  SW 446  GW 200.       VSG Surgery on 1/22/14

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/3/14 3:28 am
VSG on 10/30/13

The boullion soup wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. I much preferred the cream soups after week 2. Cream of chicken and Tomato were lifesavers. I haven't tried the Unjury soups but quite a few people on here have and liked it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views