Getting nervous and grousing a little

DesertRose
on 1/4/14 1:48 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

So my surgery date is Wednesday, and I'm starting to be really nervous.  I know it's normal to be nervous, but the last time I went under general anesthesia, they had trouble getting me to wake back up when the procedure was over (I was conscious enough to hear them tell me to breathe more deeply and often), so that's adding to the "normal" anxiety I'm going through right now, I think.  I've informed the surgical team of this, of course.

Also, I would kill for something starchy to eat.  My preop diet is as low carb as it's possible to get, I think, and still be eating healthfully.  I've been eating a lot of grilled chicken and salads, and I'm kind of tired of it.  I can have fish as well, but I HATE fish/seafood (it's a combination of the texture and the smell that gets to me), so I'm basically stuck with chicken as my protein.

Just grousing a little, I guess, to people who will understand what I'm feeling now.  :)

Bright blessing to everybody!

lil1inside
on 1/4/14 1:54 pm
VSG on 07/10/13

You are going to be fine!!! Especially since your surgeon and anestheologist know about your past with being slow to wake up.  I remember being in your shoes and I decided I was going to have 1 food funeral.  So, I went to O'Charleys and met my sis n-law.  I was pumped all day about getting their famous potato cheese soup.  I thought that would be my little food funeral and was looking forward to it.  Well wouldn't you know, we got so busy talking that I forgot to order the soup and just got a salad--stayed right on track.  enlightened  I'm happy for you and excited that you will start a new life for yourself with a new you and you will love it!

Denise

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

DesertRose
on 1/4/14 2:39 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

Thanks, I needed to hear some reassurance from the other side of surgery.  I was looking at theworldaccordingtoeggface's blog to inspire myself to deal with the preop diet for two more days (Tuesday I'm on clear liquids and protein shakes only).

I've been under general anesthesia two other times besides that last procedure that I had trouble waking up from, and those other two times, I had no trouble at all, so I'm sort of thinking that maybe it could have been a one-time problem.  In any case, the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and nursing team know about the slow-to-wake-up-last-time bit, and actually, my VSG surgery is going to be in the same hospital as that procedure was, anyway, come to think.

Anyway, thanks again!  :)

pineview01
on 1/4/14 4:13 pm - Davison, MI

Good Luck!  You are lucky to be able to have solid protein pre-op.  I was on shakes only for two weeks.

The first surgery they had trouble waking me so I told them at the second.  The second I woke up TOO fast.  This last surgery they got it right.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views