Things I have learned...

luvbskts
on 1/6/14 8:03 am

I was sleeved 3 weeks ago.  I honestly thought I was one of those people that didn't have a food addiction.  I also thought this was going to be a piece of cake.  Blah blah blah.  Here's what I've learned:

1. I am a food addict.  I dream of food...literally. 

2. I eat way too fast.  I'm still trying to figure that part out.

3. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.  I'm hanging in there and don't have buyers remorse.  I'm just learning how to live as the new me

4. I have... so many questions but I don't want to over-step my welcome here.

5. I never knew pooping could feel like giving birth to a 6 month old sorry TMI

6. I've never slept so much in my life!

7. I also never knew that I could get tired of protein.

I know there's more but need to get re-energized!

Tracy D.
on 1/6/14 8:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I dreamed of food too!  These days I only dream of food if I've done too many white carbs or dabbled in the sugar :-(.  Hang in there - the rewards are great!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sandy M.
on 1/6/14 8:18 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

This is the place for the questions, so bring 'em on!  

For #5, you might want to try some Miralax before it gets too much worse.

You got this!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

happyteacher
on 1/6/14 8:28 am

Don't be afraid to post questions.  Start a thread and number your questions like what you did here and they will be answered in short order.  There is also a search function (magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the screen) where if you type your question in there you will likely find previous posts on it.  But don't be shy- we are all here to help each other. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Jennifer358
on 1/6/14 8:56 am
I am 3 weeks tomorroe and am with you on everything except sleeping...still haviing trouble getting comfortable! Eating and drinking too fast are problems I am working each day on!

Annievvho
on 1/6/14 9:10 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

It's funny, I've never been a smoker, but I have had several dreams where I'm smoking even though I know it's terrible for me. I can only guess that my brain is trying to process my food addiction in that way.

I am with you on the tired. I was actually concerned enough to bring it up to my NP at my last visit. They told me it was partly recovering and partly my body's reaction to so few calories.

as far as pooping, you can do Miralax or if laxatives scare you (they do me) you can try Colace (it comes in liquid if you are one that has to have liquid meds & you might have to have your local pharmacy special order it for you - it's called Diocto). 

You're not alone! And ask away!

hollirrose
on 1/6/14 11:16 am
VSG on 04/21/12
Trust me...none if us got fat enough for Wls if we didn't have food issues or addictions. Lol... I thought I didn't eat "bad" and thought I must be the only person this surgery would not work for. :). Turns out I was just fooling myself. Eatting and drinking get much easier. Soon it won't require any thought. Hang in there. I am a miralax taker. One cap full daily. Best if luck...and ask away!
Stmp1120
on 1/6/14 12:20 pm

I'm with you especially # 2.  I still think I have to race through my food and know it is a problem. 

when I go back to work I will not inhale my lunch at my desk anymore!!!!.

Today my problem was physical hunger and this really scares me.

I'm glad I had the surgery and hope I can see it through to the end!

Good luck to you.

Newlori44
on 1/6/14 5:03 pm
VSG on 12/23/13 with

The pooping thing is just killing me. I had my first experience with painful constipation and am honestly so glad everyone talks about it here. I have had IBS for 20+ years with the predominant diarrhea. So strange to give birth to my doo. Thanks for sharing. I feel so much better I'm really not alone. 

L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views