Consult and psych eval Friday. Questions to ask?

Twinsinsept.
on 1/8/14 11:43 am
VSG on 05/06/14

I have the psych eval at 12 and the surgical consult at 2. Any advice on the psych consult and what questions should I ask the surgeon?  Is there a link on this site to questions to ask?  Hoping for a February surgery date. 

Thanks so much!

Renee

trinoc
on 1/8/14 2:36 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

I've read responses to other people that suggest there is a post written somewhere with suggested questions.  I don't know where that is but I'll bet a search will turn it up.  Good luck!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Aquafinaflo
on 1/8/14 8:50 pm
VSG on 02/18/14

Gm, i recently had my eval on 12/30. Instead of typing everything, i'm just going to post my post from then here. I was venting a little that day and all Drs aren't the same, so don't get discouraged.

Ok, so yesterday i had my eval after waiting almost a month. ugh....Lord knows that wasn't what i expected. I've read alot here and was expecting bs, but my goodness!! I was like WTF! After being there an hr early i started my new patient paperwork. that was only abt 10 mins or so. But, then i had to pages of front n back true/false questions about 100 questions each. 1st thing 8 in the morning? Anyways, so i waited abt 15 mins. then this guy came and got me, asked me all the same dog on questions that i just answered on my forms that was in his hands btw. so about 20 mins of that bull. to have me sit to the computer and take a damn assessment that has really nothing to do with me and my history.567 questions? And for what? After i got to around question 50 i just wanted to get up and walk the hell out. But huhhh (sign*****) i had to remember exactly why i was there. So , that was that. A total of 3 1/2 hrs to not even see the dr.. ok, now i was pissed. Gotta take off wrk again, to go back thursay morning just to tlk to him. Talking abt frustrated! and after all of this frustration waiting a month for this, i still have to WAIT for them to send the results to my surgeons office. Then WAIT for them to submit to insurance. Then WAIT  to hear back from them. Lord plz let me get some gd news the 1st time around. I'm abt to loose my dogon mind.

cappy11448
on 1/8/14 9:05 pm

My psych eval was pretty straight-forward and pleasant.  The Psychologist asked a lot of questions about family and friend, work and leisure.  I think she was trying to evaluate if I had a good support system.  She also asked about the stresses in my life, and how I dealt with them.  It was easy.

In terms of questions to ask the surgeon,  ask any questions you have about the procedure, recovery, hospital stay, risks.  The one question was glad I asked was "How do you tell pain that is normal healing vs pain that indicates a problem."  the surgeon said it was hard to tell, so I should call with any concerns.  That helped me feel better about calling whenever I had a question.  I felt well-supported.

Good luck with your process.  I hope you achieve everything you need and deserve!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views