3 weeks post op- ready to increase food options ands suspect finally full feelings

staceyp1105
on 1/8/14 1:41 pm - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I have my 3 week post op tomorrow...I am excited to move to the next menu phase.  I know all the eating plans are different.  I have followed mine to a T but if I don't get something resembling real food soon, I'm gonna scream.  I was fine until this last week where I had a few temper tantrums.  You can only eat 5 foods for so long...  

With a 27 lb weight loss it's well worth it and the tool called surgery alleviating hunger despite the minimal food choices and quantities is so awesome.

I was concerned about having too easy of a time eating and drinking and a lot of ppl said it sometimes takes a bit for your Body to stop you from eating and getting full.  In the last few days, I have started to feel like things are not traveling all the way down to the stomach.  Like it's hanging out in my chest.  I usually only get it after drinking protein shakes...I suspect I am drinking them too fast because up til now, I could.  I don't get it from foods but then again I'm not eating very much food right now.

is this the full feeling I should be looking for?

If so...figures it shows up right before I get more variety to eat....

TexasTerritory
on 1/8/14 6:39 pm, edited 1/8/14 6:42 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
I follow Frisco's advice about under eating my sleeve. I measure my food and don't depend upon feeling full as a signal. There are times when I feel that I can't eat another bite but it doesn't feel like the old feeling of full. I guess I haven't felt full like I did pre-op. So in my experience, I am not sure what feeling full feels like now. You are doing great with your weight loss! You are still healing so take it easy. Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views