IBS

Tenacious88
on 1/10/14 7:47 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)

IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)

I have suffered from IBS for many years; today was one of those days.

My surgeon told me that after VSG surgery my condition will improve or correct itself.

Has anyone had IBS? 

When you had surgery did your symptoms improve?

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

Spencerella
on 1/10/14 8:01 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I've experienced a lot of improvement. It's rare that I suffer anymore and I'm very grateful for that :)

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Tenacious88
on 1/10/14 10:44 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: Amen to that. I feel at times like a prisoner to the restroom. I have to carefully plan my day around the john. Can't wait to be free from bathroom runs, LOL.

Thanks for your reply.

Newlori44
on 1/10/14 10:32 am
VSG on 12/23/13 with

I am only 19 days out but no IBS issues. Liquid diet was liquid doo and unexpected accidents. Lol

but I was diarrhea mostly. Since surgery and my vitamins 3 times a day I've had the opposite issue. But things are evening out. Good luck 

Tenacious88
on 1/10/14 10:56 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: If I do liquid shakes, I go right to the bathroom. I don't drink wine, but when I did try it, omg, it was john time for days. I'm waiting for my surgery date, to see if I can over this situation. Today was a bad day for me, I took gas-x and it helped a little.

Congrats, glad to  hear you are doing better from IBS.

Godspeed.

Newlori44
on 1/10/14 10:59 am
VSG on 12/23/13 with

You will do great. I think the lack of carbs & fat makes a huge difference. I couldn't do milk or coffee at all but now no issues. Do you still have your gallbladder?

Tenacious88
on 1/10/14 11:22 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: Yes, I still have my gallbladder. My surgeon said he would remove it, if he felt it was causing a problem or that it was filled with stones. There are many foods I don't eat because of my IBS, hopefully after surgery I can be normal again.

Time is the master.

Newlori44
on 1/10/14 11:24 am
VSG on 12/23/13 with

Mine started when I lost my GB. 

Newlori44
on 1/10/14 10:57 am
VSG on 12/23/13 with

Yes I know that feeling well. I always had to carry spray & plan ahead on easy restrooms if eating out. Ha ha

good luck and how long ago was your surgery?

Tenacious88
on 1/10/14 11:34 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

HI: I carry toilet paper or napkins, because some bathroom don't always have paper. I went to Spain and had a hard time finding bathrooms with paper, but not anymore, I bring my own. I also keep clean clothing in my car, just in case,LOL.

I'm still waiting for my surgery date, could be in February.

Thanks for your reply.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views