Trial run.

megan.sherman
on 1/10/14 4:43 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I decided today that I would the liquid diet required for two weeks prior to surgery just to see how it is.  It's 3:50 pm and I am ready to die!  Head hurts and I feel like I could kill something or someone and eat it.

Soon enough, I will have to do this for two weeks, and then at least two weeks after surgery.  How did you all manage?

KevinBacon
on 1/10/14 4:46 am
VSG on 03/10/14

Not everyone has the same requirements. Are you sure you have to do 2 weeks before?                          

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Tracey C.
on 1/10/14 4:51 am
VSG on 12/27/13

I didn't have to do the pre~op diet.  I had surgery TWO weeks ago and have not been hungry since, I am literally forcing myself to eat/drink protein shakes to supplement.  

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/14 6:06 am - Canada

Me too.

megan.sherman
on 1/10/14 5:01 am
VSG on 05/17/14
Yes, @Kevin. 3 shakes and 2 snacks of yogurt or sugar free pudding.
grayC
on 1/10/14 6:03 am
VSG on 05/01/13

My Dr only required me to do 2 protein shakes a day 1 meal of my choosing, I made that 1 meal whatever I wanted...

I have to say my desire to have the surgery and make my surgery as "uncomplicated" as in my power kept me on the straight and narrow..however about a week after surgery my hubby brought pizza into the house for the kids and that was my lowest moment..

i went into the bathroom and cried..I wanted it, or so I thought, I think the smell just triggered something b/c I couldn't even get all my water/protein in at that point ( and wasn't hungry at all) ...then I cried some more at the realization of just how much power food has ( HAD) over me...

in hindsight, best thing I've EVER  DONE!! It's rough, don't get me wrong but... it's SOOO WORTH IT!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/14 6:09 am - Canada

it takes a couple of days to detox from the sugar in your diet.  It does get easier and you will be able to do it when it's time.  I wanted to "try" that also...was a lot harder to try then it was when I've gone on the liquid diet for real.  I didn't have to do it prior (only one day) but I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and the clear liquids, while boring were easy to take.

You'll be fine.

miss_muffet
on 1/10/14 6:22 am - WA
VSG on 12/31/13

Hello Megan:

My Dr required 10-days liquid diet pre-op but I choose to do a full two weeks to get as much weight off as possible. The first three days were horrible and then it got much easier. I think it's part detox and part mental struggle but it does get easier. 

Hang in there, once you're past the first two or three days it the discomfort passes. 

Good luck!

H 5' 4" | A 49+ | HW 250 | SW 226 | CW 171

Goal 140 / Fantasy Goal 128

kelliej806
on 1/10/14 6:41 am - IA
VSG on 02/04/14

I am also doing a trial run since my doctor requires two full weeks of the pre-op diet. I'm starting on Sunday and going to go through Wednesday of next week. I figure I need at least one weekend day and a few work days to test. People bring treats ALL THE TIME at my work. I need to know I can resist those, and still be able to function at work with so little calories. I've been off pop for a while so I'm not worried about any caffeine issues, thankfully. How many days were you planning for your trial run?

pharmagirl_45
on 1/10/14 9:50 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
I have been on the liquid diet for 12 days now and when I started I thought I was going to die too! But it does get easier, trust me!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views