Questions for Surgeon

civilmomma
on 1/13/14 11:35 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

I just got my insurance approval (after the 6 month dietician routine).  I met with the Bariatrician 6m ago, got all my levels checked, got medically cleared for surgery, and then did the insurance required dietician and psychologist appointments.  

Now I get to meet with my Surgeon on Thursday to discuss my operation and schedule (for late February).  I will meet with the dietician in late January to get the pre&post Op diet plans.

Thursday is just about meeting with the surgeon to discuss my body and my operation.

What questions should I ask about the operation?

- hospital stay and requirements to be released

- pain management

- lifting restriction time/limit (I have 2 kids under 4, so this is a biggie)

- recovery time - when can I return to work (desk job)

- short term and long term loss expectations/goals

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

mickeymantle
on 1/14/14 12:50 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

those are all good questions

you will not be able to lift more than 10 lb for 6 weeks so you will have to work something out with the kids

they take care of pain management in the hospital , and you will go home with a liquid pain killer

most people stay home from work for 2 weeks , the first few weeks are the hardest you will be on a liquid diet and may have diarrhea and it takes a week or 2 for the anasia and pain killers to wear off  and you may not have the best judgment during that time

an other question is how many of these surgeries has he/she done

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views