A few NSVs to report!

PinkNoley
on 1/14/14 1:46 am - IN

A few kind of cool things have happened lately and I just wanted to share.

First of all, I went to a conference this past weekend where I saw people I've known for years but really only see once a year. I had a few people not recognize me. I heard one woman say to someone else, 'Is that Noelle? She's looks great!" and then I walked up to someone and started talking to him and after a few seconds his eyes lit up and he said, "Noelle! I didn't recognize you! Congratulations!" It was very sweet, but also weird. I mean, I know I look different, I can't deny that, but unrecognizable? Its almost uncomfortable.

The second thing that happened is by far the coolest thing to happen thus far. When I got home from said conference Sunday night, I was standing in the living room hugging my boyfriend. Suddenly he reached down under my butt and he Picked. Me. Up. Not just up off the floor, like way up high and I wrapped my leg around his waist. It was so incredibly awesome and nothing I've ever done before. I've always weighed more than my boyfriends, there was no way one was going to pick me up. I mean, wow! 

People keep asking how I feel and I can only say one thing - incredible. I've never felt this amazing in my whole life. I still have 50 lbs to go, but I am so incredibly happy with the progress I've made thus far. Best decision I've ever made.

Surgery: 9/20/2013
Highest Weight: 276 | Surgery Weight: 238.6 | Current Weight: 164 | Goal: 150

PinkNoley
on 1/14/14 1:53 am - IN

It should says wrapped my legs* around him...I have two. I'm not an amputee or anything.

Surgery: 9/20/2013
Highest Weight: 276 | Surgery Weight: 238.6 | Current Weight: 164 | Goal: 150

Tracy D.
on 1/14/14 4:31 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You've done really well!   It is a little disconcerting when people don't recognize you - I ran into a neighbor last night and the only way she recognized me was by my car (it's been awhile since I've seen her - lol!).   But still, it shows how far you've come 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

tdallison
on 1/14/14 2:15 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

What a great weekend for you!  Keep up the hard work, you will be at your goal before you know it!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Annievvho
on 1/14/14 3:23 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Awesome NSVs! Congratulations!

BadaBing
on 1/14/14 3:39 am - NJ

As someone on her way to having the procedure done, I'm very happy to hear what you had to say! Very nice! congratulations! I hope I get to experience that same kind of happiness soon!

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/14 4:50 am

That must have felt amazing.I am sure people did recognize you but were afraid to say something.You should be so proud of yourself on your weight loss.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views