Waaaay off track .... how did you get back to losing?

toniosmom
on 1/14/14 5:35 am

I was sleeved in August 2012 and have lost over 70 lbs.  That's only half way to my goal, so I still have a bit to go.  I probably should have lost it all by now, but I went way off track and stopped losing weight.  By the Grace of God, I haven't gained anything back (small miracle), but I need to get myself back on the losing track.  I fell back into very bad habits that caused me to gain the weight in the first place. 

I'm not looking to be bashed or shamed into get myself back into the groove.  You can't say anything to me that I haven't already said to myself.  I know what I am doing wrong -- rather, what I'm eating wrong.  However, I am having a hard time motivating myself to get back to a healthy lifestyle.  I'm so upset with myself that I went through this surgery and I'm screwing it up.   

I appeal to those of you whose train has completely derailed and you've been able to get yourself back on the road to weight loss.  What did you do to get yourself started?  I've considered going back to liquids only for a couple of days to break the cravings ,but I'm not sure that's the answer.  I'd like to hear from anyone with some sincere advice on what they have done to get out of this hole. 

Thank you in advance. 

KevinBacon
on 1/14/14 5:53 am
VSG on 03/10/14

I haven't had surgery, but I had to lose 20 lbs for my NUT to pass me through my program to get surgery. I found the only thing that worked and gave me real results was walking big hills. I live at the top of one so I could just walk down each day and then I was forced to walk up it unlike a treadmill where I could slow down pace or incline when I felt it was too intense. I am not dedicated enough on treadmills for high cathartic workouts. 

Anyway, just wanted to pop in to throw some support your way. I know for me the biggest motivator over anything someone can tell me is for me to SEE the scale move. I challenge you to go find some hills, park and the top and then walk your cute self down and back up again for one week. If that doesn't jumpstart your metabolism I would be shocked :) Good luck and good on you for getting support when you need it! 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

claimmaster
on 1/14/14 6:01 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I lost my motivation and went back to see my therapist to get it back.  I think it's THE most important element of weightloss.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/14/14 7:10 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Read Elina's post and how she did it. Amazing post. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4661886/I-gained-weigh t/

acbbrown
on 1/14/14 7:26 am - Granada Hills, CA

ive been jumping in and out of the damn hole for a year now....the only thing that saves me is my ROCK BOTTOM (ie I cannot stand  this anymore) is higher than it was. Where I'd go and gain 100 lbs ad hardly be bothered by it, a good 10-15 irritates the crap out of me so I start trying to climb back out. A lot of times I dont make it totally out of the hole but definitely better off for trying.

My one great rescue was a 2 month experiement with paleo eating (ie very clean, unprorcessed food). It made me mentally, emotionally and physically a lot healthier.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

frisco
on 1/14/14 8:05 am

Starts in the head.......

Gotta get your head right or follow through doesn't work....

You have to work "with" yourself..... not against yourself !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

barber64
on 1/14/14 8:18 am - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12

on June 6, 2012 I got Sleeved. started at 267 and gone down to 157. but for the last 6 months I have also been off track and gain 20lb . just last week I  starting to eat healthy and lost 8lbs in one week.  My paints are feeling tight and so is my shirts. Its all in your mind. actually this is the first time I posted and been on OB in a very very very Very Long time. I'm also back on track on this support forum and going to support classes. but being on this forum I know will help me because we all have hiccups in our lives. I started up again on Sean T Focus 25 and making sure I am drinking 1gl of water a day and having my protein shakes too.  

toniosmom
on 1/14/14 9:22 pm

Thank you all so much for your helpful advice and for not bashing me.  I knew that if I asked my "friends" and OH, I'd get some honest, helpful answers. 

Going to read Elina's post now.....thanks for the link!   xoxo

danixbanani
on 1/14/14 11:51 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I too have gone off the rails...had surgery in October 2012 and around 8-9 months post op I slipped into bad habits again.  I am really struggling to get myself back on track after gaining about  6lbs.  I haven't lost anything in the past two weeks that I've been eating "right" but I also haven't exercised as much either.  I know once I get back into an exercise routine, I should hopefully start to lose.  It isn't easy, but I wish you luck.  There are plenty of us on here that have gained some weight back so you're not alone.

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

jameas
on 1/15/14 12:03 am

mY STORY EXACTLY iIAM AT A 65# LOSS AND WE WT ON VACA AND NOW I AM THINKING ABOUT FOOD ALL THE TIME AVE TO G A HOLD OF THIS AND LIKE YOU IAM AT THE HALF WAY POINT!!!!!!! I LIKE YOU AM HAVING ALL THE SAME THOUGHTS. NOW I AM HAVING HUNGER MANY TIMES THRU OUT THEY. AG! LETS KEEP IN TOUCH. MAN THIS IS A JOURNEY I WAS THINKING OF JOURNALING, BUT TRULY FEEL HUNGRY AND TUMMY FEELS EMPTY AND WANTS PROTEIN FOR ME.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views