Brachioplasty and Fleur de lis Tummy Tuck Update

TeashaLorna
on 1/15/14 12:27 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Good morning all,

his is a cross post. I am placing it here as well as the PS Forum for those of you that may be thinking down the road about TT's etc. Also because the people on this Forum have supported me through my whole journey right from day one.

I am mending well and my emotions are in check YIPPEE. I never would have thought that these surgeries would have affected me the way they did, but can now say I am glad for the experience.

As you are aware I had some complications early out, after the first six days I was rushed into emergency for internal bleeding, the PS rushed me into surgery and spent almost two hours looking for and finding the bleeder. My blood pressure is very low so my bleeder was only dripping rather than spurting. Then once home I developed an opening at the bottom of the anchor in my TT. I had that for three weeks and then last week my PS did another 45 minute surgery to remove the dead stuff, clean it up and closed the opening. All went very well with that surgery.

I am now seven weeks post op from the original date and feel fabulous. My arms healed wonderfully, I still have a couple of tiny spots of lumpy scar tissue but am massaging them and they are disappearing slowly just a little more stubborn than the rest of the arms. My tummy is flat and wonderful and cloths look great.

So the bottom line is would I do this again. "YOU BET IN A HEART BEAT".

Thank you so much to everyone here who has supported me through this and listened to my rants and cheered me on with understanding and compassion. Hugs to you all! Lorna

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/15/14 4:01 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Glad you are mending well! Pictures?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

happyteacher
on 1/15/14 7:03 am

Yikes, that is a few extra unplanned surgeries- glad it all worked out well though!  It is remarkable how transforming a TT is (had mine done on Dec 9th).  I am already finding though that the novelty of the flat tummy is wearing off, although I appreciate how I look in and out of clothes (minus the scars).  Keep healing!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

TeashaLorna
on 1/15/14 8:40 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

If I can figure out how do put pictures on here and I get brave enough I will post some. LOL

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views