stress/can't get anything down

luvbskts
on 1/16/14 11:35 pm

We had a serious stress maker happen to us yesterday.  Since it happened, I haven't been able to get much in....fluid or food.  Do things tighten up during stress?  How do I get my protein in?

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/16/14 11:52 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Same thing happens to me. I think my recent drop has a lot to do with a serious stress maker in my life also recently. You just have to do the protein thing if nothing else... and liquids. Force yourself. You need your energy and to be hydrated in order to deal with the stress. Hugs... hope it gets better soon. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

The_True_KayD
on 1/17/14 12:25 am

Same thing happened to me about three weeks ago. I reached out to a "sleeve" friend. She reminded me that I was giving this horrible person power over me! I decided at that minute that my health was more important. She suggested to start with eating something that I liked. I love greek yogurt. I ate that slowly. Then had some lunch. Then had some dinner. I took it slowly and within three days I was back up to my protein and water goals. Lesson learned is that NO ONE or NOTHING should ever be given the power to destroy my health. On top of this I lost my unemployment benefits and I had to put one of my cats down. Getting back to eating to goal actually helped me deal with everything logically. 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

hollykim
on 1/17/14 1:45 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

stress or illness has always increased my restriction. I try to stay hydrated during the time and eat  what I can. 

For a short period of time,as in an illness or stressful situation,we aren't going to die if we don't eat as much. Our bodies are just better than that. It takes a long time for the body to start breaking down out muscles for protein. We don't just miss our protein. Goals for a day or two and our body goes crazy. 

Take  care of yourself.  And hope the stress passes soon and favorably. Don't let worrying about your inability to eat cause even more stress.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views