Pizza

mollymcb
on 1/17/14 8:15 am - TX
I know everyone has various plans with there Dr but I am 3 weeks out this coming Monday and I would be terrified to try eating pizza..I did chew up a tiny piece of chicken to taste it but I spit it out after I tasted lol..be careful and don't hurt yourself this will all be worth it..I love looking at before and after pictures it keeps me going
cappy11448
on 1/17/14 8:54 am

I had an acquaintance who had WLS about 5 years before me.  She was such an avid supporter of the process, and so enthusiastic about it.  She tried to convince me to consider it, but I wasn't ready.  When I finally made the decision, I gave her a call, hoping to share the journey.  She informed me that she had lost a lot of weight but then gained about 3/4 of it back again.  I was stunned because she was so bought into the process when starting, so I asked her what happened.  She told me that early on she found she could lose weight no matter what she ate, and she developed bad habits.  She would eat high calorie foods.  She would graze.  She would drink water and soft drinks with her meals. She didn't bother with dense proteins first, etc.   Because it didn't matter at first, she never developed a discipline.  So she lost weight for the first 18 months, and then she put most of it back on rapidly. 

This story stared me so much.  The Sleeve is just a tool.  If you don't make a commitment now to establishing new habits, when will you?  Plus, this first 6 months is the honeymoon.   It will never be easier to lose weight than it is right now.  Do you want to waste that opportunity?

I want the best for you so you can have a healthy, energetic life.  The sleeve is just a tool.  Its not fool - proof.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

ChangingMyLife13
on 1/18/14 12:35 am

Good advice!  I will be keeping this in mind.

jubjub
on 1/17/14 9:59 am - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

If you have no restriction why did it take two days to eat a slice of pizza?  Was that how long it took pre-surgery?

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

frisco
on 1/17/14 10:00 am

Is this gonna be one of those pizza in a blender deals????

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Mary Gee
on 1/17/14 11:01 am
When I see posts like yours, I always read prior posts to see what your background is.  I see you had VSG in 2007, and got resleeved 12/28/13 - Initial surgery you were at 289, went down to 136, leveled at 160 and were at 240 when you had your revision.  It appears you went through a lot of emotional problems.  You've suffered from binging and anorexia.      Pizza 2-1/2 weeks out?   You say you'll take all the tough love you can get.........Better get your head on straight fast or you're doomed.  Scale is down 4 lbs. -- well isn't that great.  Where will you be next month?  If you're not in therapy, better start now!  Why the hell would you eat pizza -- what's next?        

Still learning.  Currently in pre-op stage.

themexcellentone
on 1/17/14 1:57 pm, edited 1/17/14 1:58 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Just out of curiosity...what made you think that eating a piece of pizza on a freshly REMADE sleeve was appropriate? 

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Kvp1029
on 1/18/14 1:36 am
Revision on 12/28/13

Honestly I don't know.  I think subconsciously I wanted to test the sleeve.  I literally feel like I didn't have a surgery except for all the pain.   I don't have trouble drinking water or buti did when I was originally sleeved.  My revision was a gastric pliation so there are so many unknowns with that surgery.  No excuses for the pizza.  It was there I was starving for something to chew.  I did not think it was appropriate to eat the pizza

themexcellentone
on 1/18/14 2:48 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
Clearly you did think it was appropriate. You said so yourself--you wanted to test your sleeve. This is NOT the time to do that. You risk springing a leak, which can put your health in serious jeopardy. Also, you are NOT starving! Not for food, anyway. That is head hunger, pure and simple.Your body's cells have plenty of fuel to live off of, so quit listening to your head telling you that you're starving. Please get yourself into therapy for your behavior. The behavior you're displaying this early on is going to guarantee that you're going to self-sabotage and this not get the results you are after. The sleeve you have is a tool, not a magic bullet. Quit expecting it to work overnight, let it heal, and for the love of all that is holy, STICK TO YOUR DOC'S PLAN!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

MsBatt
on 1/18/14 4:00 am

Is your original post correct? Did you continue to et on this single piece of pizza for TWO DAYS?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views