The indoor water park

VSG on 06/12/13
I am writing this from an indoor water park and it is very thought provoking. As usual, I have been people watching, and I catch myself being more curious about the thin people than I do the heavy ones.All day, I was wondering who I looked like. Hubby isn't with me, and so I had nobody to ask, but I still watched.

I will say I find it harder to parade around in my bathing suit now than I did 90+ lbs ago, and I am processing through this. As near as I have come to figuring it out is that it is because I am being self conscious of my flab on my upper legs and my saggy butt, which, if I am brutally honest, is unsightly but not that bad. I'm being much harder on myself than I probably need to be.

I will file this under "living life as a normie" and the fact that even as we approach/reach goal all of our worries will not magically go away.

All thoughts welcomed.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

brynn3
on 1/18/14 12:01 pm - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

This is something I've already worried about for the coming summer.  My skin is saggy and lumpy and I told a friend recently, that I'll probably  be thin and still wearing a skirt to cover up with.  Just remember you're the only one who is aware of it and you'll never see these people again!  Have fun.

Brandy

MAchick
on 1/18/14 2:40 pm, edited 1/18/14 2:40 pm
VSG on 01/27/14
I'm still pre op, but I've been catching myself wondering what my body will look like in the months to come. Being a normal weight is such a foreign concept to me. Before I came here to read tonight, I caught myself staring in the mirror. I had gotten undressed and didn't even realize I was tracing my stretch marks with my fingertips. I also didn't realize how much of my was actually covered in them. I know my body will change in many ways, I just hope I can get over the mental hurdle of accepting me in my own skin. For years I wore shirts over my bathing suits, sleeves, and long dresses. I just want the freedom to wear what I want and love myself in it. But I know it's only me that is preventing this from happening.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views