Feeling upset about the weight loss

BetterTheSecondTime
on 1/21/14 4:50 am - Cortlandt Manor, NY

I don't want to sound like a spokesperson ('cause I'm not...unless they would like to pay me for it! LOL) but I recently joined GwynnieBee and I LOVE it!

I work in an office setting and need professional clothes every day...I definitely do NOT have the cash to keep buying new stuff to fit while I go through this journey....a pair or 2 of jeans as I change size, sure...but office clothes are too expensive!

So GwynnieBee works kinda like Netflix, if you haven't heard of it before. You sign up for a subscription, decide on your level (how many items you have at a time), and put clothes in your virtual closet in your current size. They ship out the number of pieces to you and you keep them as long as you like, return them when you want. Shipping is included each way! 

I have LOVED my free trial, and will definitely be subscribing when the trial expires. Tons of very nice dresses & tops - it's making the size changes much easier to handle, IMO :) 

Check it out - might be something that could work for you as well! 

movis
on 1/21/14 7:42 am
VSG on 07/16/13

I also love Gwynnie Bee!  A great way to stretch your clothes dollar and not commit to new clothes that will not fit a month later.  

Movis   HW: 341,  Surgeon Consult: 333,  SW: 300,  CW: 195

DSJSMOM23
on 1/21/14 9:23 am
VSG on 06/24/14

Oh how I wish this was my problem  (i'm waiting for surgery) LOL
Seriously though, I would suggest stretchy, lycra clothes. Yoga pants, leggings and so on!

I recently lost 55 in 5 months, which isn't near as fast as you're losing, but I was blowing through clothes, at least for a few sizes LOL
I wore jeans with stretch (I LIVE in Rockstar skinny jeans from Old Navy, and if you catch a sale, stock up on smaller sizes, I have 4 different sizes because I got them for $9 after Christmas)

I also like their yoga pants, and leggings. For something like your cruise (again i'm jealous LOL) wait until the LAST possible minute to shop for things you need!

And embrace the losses! I'm sure they will eventually slow down, but for now, enjoy it!!!

Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/21/14 10:35 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I absolutely feel your pain. I went to our local consignment store for the first time since surgery, grabbed a bunch of tops off the rack (with NO idea what size I was), and only one thing fit. Some of the stuff was tight and clung to my tummy bulge, which was awkward after swimming in my old shirts for long, and I just plain felt LOST. So you're not alone!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

reader101
on 1/22/14 12:10 am

I am checking out gwynnie bee right now! Thanks!! Got a suit and I actually smiled and enjoyed how I looked in it. It is a little snug, but I figure snug is better right now. LOL

Ashley in Belgium
on 1/22/14 12:34 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I don't think it sounds crazy at all to be afraid of the weight going so fast.  I share that fear and have felt it every time I have lost major chunks of weight throughout my life.  In fact, 15 year ago when I first sought out therapy for my overeating issues, the therapist asked me flat out after our introductions " Why are you afraid to be thin?" I spent the next three years trying to answer that question.  Because there is something holding us back and when that something is powerless against the effectiveness of WLS in the early phase, it can throw some of us for a loop.  And since losing weight is one of the primary goals of this whole process and it is an effective process it can be scary if you aren't ready to be thin (or thinner) yet in your head.  Your body will get there, but your head has to catch up! 

I am 30lbs from goal and 5.5 months out from my second WLS.  I had a mini freak out when I reached my lowest ever dieting weight of 170Lbs.  I still can't believe the size of my clothes when they come outof the dryer, nor do I recognize myself when I catch a fleeting glimpse in a store window.  It takes time.  Luckily, even though it seems to go by fast, there is enough time to get the hang of it.  Just try to relax into it as much as you can.  Roll with the flow.  Enjoy your cruise.  Buy yourself a knockout suit (only 1 cause it's life span at your house will be a matter of weeks) and enjoy the fact that you NEED a new one and it is most definitely in a smaller size.  

But I totally get feeling a bit ambiguous about the whole thing and not always celebrating the wonder of it all.  Wish I didn't but I do!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views