Feeling upset about the weight loss

reader101
on 1/21/14 1:30 am, edited 1/21/14 1:30 am

I know this is going to sound crazy, but the weight loss is happening so fast that it is actually upsetting to me. I know that this is what I always wanted, but now I stand in my closet and can't figure out what to wear and it stresses me. Excuse the TMI, but my girls were falling out of my bras, so I went and got fitted. I dropped two sizes in the seven weeks since I have had surgery. Now that was not very upsetting, but I am going on a cruise next week, so I unpacked all my suits that I thought would be fine for it and I do not fit into one of the four. Thankfully our local Kohls already has their suits out and can hopefully find one before this Friday. I feel like I eat all the time, so it is really a mind game with me that the weight is still coming off. I am just so used to gaining it right back.I just wondered if anyone else has had these feelings, or am I just the unusual one? I thought recently I was on a stall, but I don't guess I am. I have lost 26 pounds in 7 weeks. I want to smile about that, I really do. But I feel....indifferent. Guess I need to go back to that shrink, huh?

Keith L.
on 1/21/14 1:35 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I have to say that I think this is a first for me, I do not actually think I have seen a post like this yet. So thanks for the fresh meat. Um I guess my short answer is don't worry, it will slow down soon enough and you will be back on here saying you stopped losing. Initial stage goes pretty quick but it levels out. I went through so many clothes that I think the girls at the Goodwill drop off think I rob clothing stores for a living. Even now I am wearing pants that are at least a size too big because I don't want to spend even more money.

I think the first couple of months our emotions really bounce all over the place. There was a time where I was losing weight so fast and so easily that I thought it would never end and now with 20lbs left to lose I have been trading the same 10lbs back and fourth for about 3 months now. So things change frequently. Also keep in mind everyone is different.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

singdoremi
on 1/21/14 1:39 am - NJ

Everyone reacts differently to the changes in our bodies. The change in our minds is much slower. You just need to catch the two up a bit. By all means, talk to someone about these changes. Go buy a bathing suit! And have fun on your trip.

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

Sandy M.
on 1/21/14 1:45 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I have felt that in the past - wondered if losing weight so quickly was good for me.  I got over it!

Check out some of the second hand shops - I have had great luck there, getting suit jackets for as low as $2.00.  And enjoy your cruise!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Bloodshotbetty
on 1/21/14 1:53 am - minneapolis, MN

I get it.  For a while, getting dressed in the morning was so STRESSFUL and FRUSTRATING for me.  I couldn't afford to keep up with buying new clothes, so everything I wore fit very poorly.  I felt frumpy.  I didn't get to enjoy the clothes shopping that comes along with weight loss. I am so anxious to get closer to my goal so I can start buying clothes I actually LIKE rather than basics from OId Navy and Target clearance.  Also, I think sometimes we expect that weight loss surgery is going to change EVERYTHING in our lives.  It changes quite a bit, but not everything.  That can be frustrating. 

Confidence and optimism about the weight loss will come with time.  Focus on your mind and thought process right now.  

-Alycia-

Bufflehead
on 1/21/14 1:58 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I have mixed feelings about it sometimes. Mostly because in a way I feel like I have lost a sense of self a little bit. But it's mostly good

I do know what you mean about clothes! It gets expensive. I have gone through everything in my closet and then some. I definitely second the recommendation for thrift stores. Right now I am wearing a "suit" cobbled together at a thrift store. Jacket was originally from Chico's and retails for $99 - I got it for $14. Trousers are Ralph Lauren wool (lined & everything), retail for $389 and I got them for $12. You might want to check your local thrift or consignment store out!

rengirl1978
on 1/21/14 1:59 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I am sad about my breasts disappearing :-( I have lost 35lbs in 4 weeks since my surgery and I have gone from a 42DDD to a 40DD! My swimsuit is getting loose too! None of my clothes fit anymore, but it feels like a waste to even go to the thrift store. I am happy, but I feel your pain as well!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

PetHairMagnet
on 1/21/14 2:10 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 21, 2014 at 9:30 AM Pacific Time, reader101 wrote:

I know this is going to sound crazy, but the weight loss is happening so fast that it is actually upsetting to me. I know that this is what I always wanted, but now I stand in my closet and can't figure out what to wear and it stresses me. Excuse the TMI, but my girls were falling out of my bras, so I went and got fitted. I dropped two sizes in the seven weeks since I have had surgery. Now that was not very upsetting, but I am going on a cruise next week, so I unpacked all my suits that I thought would be fine for it and I do not fit into one of the four. Thankfully our local Kohls already has their suits out and can hopefully find one before this Friday. I feel like I eat all the time, so it is really a mind game with me that the weight is still coming off. I am just so used to gaining it right back.I just wondered if anyone else has had these feelings, or am I just the unusual one? I thought recently I was on a stall, but I don't guess I am. I have lost 26 pounds in 7 weeks. I want to smile about that, I really do. But I feel....indifferent. Guess I need to go back to that shrink, huh?

You are upset that clothes are too big? 

That was one of my key goals!

And if you have a Costco, they have all manner of bathing suits in the warehouses here and I'd get a few of those vs. dropping serious money on suits that won't fit again in a month or so.

There is not a guarantee you won't gain back if you don't stick to the plan-always-but don't plan on failure, plan on success. I have gotten rid of everything except my fattest pants, bra and sweater that I had a photo taken in that spurred me to make the changes that I did. 

Release those old clothes, buy new ones (do thrift and second hand stores if funds are not there for new) and enjoy it!  I went from a 48DD to a 38/36 B/C depending on the bra and while I am not thrilled with being on the Itty Bitty ***** Committee, I sure don't miss the big boobs, either. I would have like to be a full C instead of a C minus...but hey, it is what it is! :)   

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

claudiaes
on 1/21/14 2:30 am - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

I never had much boobage lol so i expect them to disappear lol, but i have lost 27 lbs in 9 weeks and because I had been thin before I have clothes that were too small but I refused to get rid off because I knew I was going to do another diet and lose weight ahhahhaha at least for a couple of months! but don't sweat it, enjoy your new thinner self! 

reader101
on 1/21/14 4:26 am

Thank you everyone. Your posts have made me smile. I think the biggest problem I am facing is fear. I know how to dress stylish for a big woman. I have been doing it for as a long as I can remember. But now, I am vanishing in front of my own eyes and don't know how to dress for a smaller frame. Like someone said above, I look and feel frumpy. On Jan 1st, I bought some jeans from the thrift store that would not even go past my hips. Now they slide right on. A girl I work with told me she came out of the bathroom and I was standing with my back to her outside my cube and I turned around and she freaked because she didn't know it was me. Again, as someone said above, I need my brain to catch up with my body, because in my mind I still see the old me. Going to buy that cruise suit right after work today. That should help! LOL

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 97 views