Off Track

sunshine66
on 1/19/14 11:33 pm

Seeking advise...please help!  Since thanksgiving I've been off track on my journey to reaching goal weight. Noticed I am able to eat more junk & have cravings I did not have after my surgery. I have started back on my premiere protein shake this morning and going to walk today. Would some of the veterans please direct me to get back to my pre-holiday ways. I weighed this morning and have gained 7lbs from eating junk!  How sad right.  I've been given a blessing and have made poor decisions the past 2 1/2 mos.

Chrissy W.
on 1/19/14 11:43 pm, edited 1/19/14 11:43 pm - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

Carb detox. Immediately. Spend the next 48 hours focused solely on protein. You've already added back shakes? Good. Jus****ch the carb count there. Make your meals and snacks are protein ONLY for the next 2 days. Drink plenty of water. You will find that getting the carbs out of your system will greatly decrease the cravings. I also find that distraction is excellent during the rare times that I want to graze. Take up a hobby that keeps your hands and mind busy. Crochet, cross stitch, sudoku, crossword puzzles, ANYTHING. I've taken up the first two and have become a 27-year-old GRANNY, but hey... Whatever works, right?

VSG 7/1/13 with Dr. Jack Rutledge 28 y/o female - 5'10" - HW: 298GW: 174 - SW: 290 (-8) - M1: 262 (-28) - M2: 247 (-15) - M3: 235 (-12) - M4: 228 (-7 ~First Stall: almost 2 wks~) - M5: 218 (-10) - M6: 209 (-9) - M7: 199 (-10) Onederland on 1/31 - M8: 196 (-3) 100 lb total loss on 2/2 - M9: 192.6 (-3.4) - M10: 188.6 (-4) - M11: 182 (-6.6) - M12: 175.6 (-6.4) - M13: 173.8 (-1.8) CW (7/8/15): 167 - GOAL reached in 1 Year and 25 Days! - TOTAL WL - 131 lbs  

puffierus
on 1/20/14 12:46 am - PA

Below is Elina's post from  1/13/2013  I saved it and look at it everyday to help me keep on track. there just always seems to be something first it was Thanksgiving, then Christmas , now girl scout cookie, then valentines day then easter and on and on  and on....the truth is we just need to make better decisions.   Someone posted recently about making decisions and owning up to the decision we make. I wish I would have kept that post because it addressed excuses. It is good that you are trying to change at  7lbs pound and not wait until 20.  Get back on track eat less move more. Good LUCK

First, I would like to congratulate you!  You have recognized that you have a serious problem and you are not hiding from it.  You did not wait too long, only ten pounds were gained.  You are a fabulous success and now you just need a few hints and reminders and a program.

Here it is:

1) You will start measuring and journaing your food.  You will start at the very next thing you put in your mouth.

2) You will consume a minimum of 80 grams but preferably more of protein each day.  This is not negotiable and you will do it.

3) You will not eat more than 40 carbs a day.  This includes all carbs.  Do not even start with me about net carbs.  All carbs including vitamins will be counted. 

4) You will drink water like a fish. If you are not eating, you are either waiting the minimum 30 min. after the meal, or you are drinking.  You are drinking water, tea or something else with no calories.  You are not drinking a single calories until goal.

5) You are eating three ounces of lean, homemade protein at each meal.  I don't care if it's boring, that's what you are doing now and you will not relent until you reach your goal weight again.

6) You are eating raw or cooked low carb, high fiber veggies at least twice a day as snacks.

7) You are not grazing, and yes, a bite of this or that is grazing.  Yes, even tasting your cooking when it's not meal time counts. 

8) You will consume under 1000 calories, under 800 if you can do it.  I do it, so can  you.  If you are hungry, make my green chicken soup and live on it.  I don't care if your food is boring now.  It's not about entertainment now, it's about your health and beating obesity.  Do it, make it happen.

9) You will come to this board and report on your progress every day for a while.  You will journal your feelings and experiences.  You will allow yourself to feel angry, bitter, depressed or anything else you feel and still follow your program. Your feelings are not the same as your actions. 

10) You will stop beating yourself up over these 10 pounds as of right NOW.   This is normal, this is for life, this is what maintenance is about.  You are a success story not a failure. 

11) I forgot to mention earlier, when you are first de-carbing, you might need to increase your fat consumption to help you through the first few days.

12) You will let me know if you need more help, or you will let someone know.  You will not isolate yourself, you will accept help and support and you will commit to offering the same when the next person needs it.  That means you stay here indefinitely and you realize that this stuff is for life.

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

sunshine66
on 1/20/14 11:38 am

Just what I needed!! Thanks for the info:)

Sara R.
on 1/22/14 6:15 am

I love Elinas advice! im printing and putting on my inspiration board! :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/14 6:55 am, edited 1/20/14 6:56 am

If you follow Elina's advice posted above you will have nothing but success - honestly!!!!!

Good luck and congratulations for staying in the game!

sunshine66
on 1/20/14 11:36 am

Thanks so much. Accountability is the name of the game!!! I appreciate the information.  I am back on track!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 2 replies · 41 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 2 replies · 41 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 195 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 281 views