Sinus infection and surgery on Friday

goleftoklahoma
on 1/21/14 3:40 am
VSG on 01/24/14

I have developed a sinus infection.  Does anyone have experience with surgery being delayed because of a common cold.  I am going to Mexico so if I get there and they don't do the surgery not only will I not get the surgery but I'll probably be arrested to lashing out.  Oh boy.

pacia1223
on 1/21/14 3:44 am
VSG on 01/15/14

It really just depends on the surgeon. I had cold symptoms before mine but they assured me as long as I didn't have a fever they would go ahead with surgery. Hope everything works out for you! 

metk79
on 1/21/14 3:44 am

I recommend getting on an antibiotic as soon as possible.  I ended up with a cold about a week before the surgery and my PCP suggested I take it so that my surgery would not be postponed.  Good luck on your surgery!  Hope to see you on the loser's bench soon!

Surgery Date: 11/15/13 HW: 376 Day of surgery: 341 CW: 257 GW: 170

reader101
on 1/21/14 4:41 am

I asked for a Z-pak the week before because I developed one and was worried it wold bump my date. I still had a runny nose when I went in, but no fever, so it was a go.

mkvand
on 1/22/14 7:26 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

If you still have the infection, try a neti pot.  They've been shown to be more effective at treating sinus infections than antibiotics, for two reasons.  One, many sinus infections are viral.  Two, antibiotics travel through the blood stream, and there's not a lot of blood flow through mucus.

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views