By this time tomorrow..

MAchick
on 1/26/14 12:00 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I'll be sleeved!

It seems surreal and I don't feel too nervous, though I'm sure I won't be able to sleep tonight. I don't think I'm going to bring much to the hospital: pants, t-shirt, sweater, slip-on shoes, lip balm, phone, and a magazine.

I have all my shtuffs together, going to drop them off at the future MIL's since I'll be recovering there for a few days. I have unsweetened apple sauce, cream of wheat, fat free Fage Greek yogurt, protein powders, RTDs, crystal light. They have a large house so I should be able to walk around a lot (too cold outside).

Tonight I'll shower with my hibiclens, and tomorrow morning too. I'm expected at the hospital at 6am and scheduled for surgery ay 7:30am. I'm a little nervous, and a lot excited! I just hope I'm prepared. I think I'll be fine with the pain, but worried about my emotions after. I know this is going to be a roller coaster of a ride!

I know there have been a million posts like mine, but if you're up around 7:30am, please say a quick prayer for my procedure and recovery, or send some good thoughts my way   :-)

Mike B.
on 1/26/14 12:08 am
It sounds like you are more than ready. Just remember to get up ASAP after surgery and walk, walk, walk. You are correct, it will be a roller coaster of a ride for sure, but well worth it. Good luck.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/26/14 12:18 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Bring a pillow from home! Get some decaf coffee or tea, bouillion (I recommend low or no sodium to lose the IV fluids they will pump in you), G2 Gatorade and at least a case of water (I prefer Dasani). Have some liquid Tylenol on hand for mild pain management after you stop the painkillers. 

I am SO excited for you! You are going to love your sleeve!   We're scooting over and making room for you on the Loser's Bench!

MAchick
on 1/26/14 12:48 am
VSG on 01/27/14
Ah yes, Thank you for the reminder! I need to stop by the store to grab some low sodium broth! Gatorade or powerade is a good idea too!
Kvp1029
on 1/26/14 3:01 am
Revision on 12/28/13

Powerade zero has been a lifesaver for me!

pharmagirl_45
on 1/26/14 1:00 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
All of the things you mentioned for after surger may not sit well in you stomach the first week. I couldn't tolerate yogurt at all. I will be 2 weeks post op on Tuesday and I still can't tolerate yogurt. Good luck tomorrow.

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

butterfly3851
on 1/26/14 1:39 am - TX

Good luck to you tomorrow!!  I'll be saying a prayer in the morning for you!!

It's an exciting journey!  Best decision I ever made as it has changed my life!

trinoc
on 1/26/14 2:19 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Best wishes!  It sounds like you're so ready!  Can't wait to see your success on the other side!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

VSG on 06/12/13

Good luck! How exciting that the day is finally here! I am sure all will go well. Saving you a spot on the bench...

Check in with us when you get back online.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

The_True_KayD
on 1/26/14 3:53 am

I grabbed my toothpaste and deoderant. I could not wear it for surgery. It sounds like you are ready. I did have an emotional day on Day 3. I found out that alot of people do because the anesthesia is leaving your body. I cried at everything including one of my cats looking at me because he looked so cute! I cried because someone lost in Jeopardy! I woke up the next day and was fine! I talked to a friend on mine who had her surgery the day before mine and she had the same thing. We laughed about it!!! 

I am almost 8 weeks out! I wish that I would have done it sooner!!! I feel awesome!!! I know that by June, I will be rocking a thinner and healthier body!! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views