THE FIRST POST OP VISIT

leprowl2828
on 2/6/14 4:15 pm
VSG on 01/29/14 with

Hello I AM SO VERY EXCITED  i  lost 8 pounds and it feels good not to think about food and  lose weight.  My Doctor has allowed me to do soft and creamy soups, also cottage cheese and greek yougurt.Let's not forget the Protein Shakes! I've noticed that Stress weakens you  when it rain it pours, In one day I received news my mother was in the hospital expecting to pass at any moment from Cancer,,oh my Gosh of course the news was devastaing So I began to Pray!!!! next My close frien of 9 plus years collapsed in his apartment floor died instantly.   I calledthe Coroners office and found out cause of Death was from his  Diabetes and a massive Stroke.   What I'm saying is the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery for me couldn'thave come any sooner.  I remember discussing on numerous occasions with my friend about his diabetes and he wasin complete denial this is the second friend I've Lost from diabetes. Yes I'm sad for my friend it'salmost like a dream he'sgone at the tender age of 67 years old.  He wasn't on insulin like myself taking 6 to 7 shots a day.  Since my Vetical Sleeve surgery I'm down to 2 shots and this is on a sliding scale. So no matter how much I'm going thru for the healing I will STICK to Healthy eating and exercise. Diabetes does kill.  Shouts out for my Doctor!  If any one is Looking for A wonderful Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Doctor ,Dr,Bernie Hanna at 702-384-1160,he is a Bedside Doctor and North Vista Hospital Staff is awesome..  I was so sick and they cradle me in their arms and wiped my face with the cold towels until my Nausea came undercontrol.  My experince was great,being that I worked in the health care fileld this was TOP OF THE LINE SKILLED CARE!!! On an ending not my Mother is doing better I call and Pray in her ear every day!  I am thankful.  Thanks everyone for letting me express myself

leprowl2828

Aquafinaflo
on 2/6/14 6:43 pm
VSG on 02/18/14

I am so sorry to hear of your mother being sick and the passing of your friend. I'm so happy and proud of you for seeing that their struggles doesn't have to be yours and that you have made a great change in your life. Keep in good spirits and grace. Know that HE IS AN AWESOME GOD and he makes no mistakes. I will pray for your continued sucess and uplifted prayers for your family.

Christ42
on 2/6/14 7:04 pm

Hi. I'm very sorry to hear that  you mother is sick as well about the passing of your friend :( Bur also I'm glad that  you feel great after your Sleeve surgery. It really came in the right time Props up for you and they way how you handle this stressful time.

If you want me, I can include you and your mother in my prays. Hope everything will be better soon. :) Way to go and keep the good faith!

trinoc
on 2/6/14 7:42 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

So sorry about your friend.  Very happy to hear your mother has improved.  Great weight loss!  Congrats!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days