Nope, Pre-op Diet is not the worst. Post Op Liquids is

mamasloth
on 2/5/14 5:15 am

One more week. lol

I mean, I'm not hungry. I have to make myself eat so that I get some protein and fluids. And it's all in my head, but it's definitely not very excitng ;)well... the scale moving is exciting, so I'll take that!

The_True_KayD
on 2/5/14 6:17 am

I was on liquid for three weeks post op. I kept in mind that with every sip my new stomach was being given a chance to heal! It is only temporary but needed. You can do it!!! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

VSG on 06/12/13

I was on clears for 2 weeks and full liquids for 2 weeks beyond that. I was so jonesing for real food by that point that I would have eaten wallpaper paste once i hit purees if it wasn't so high in carbs!

Just keep your head in the game and enjoy the ride. I hope you are seeing big scale results at the moment...if you haven't hit it yet, you probably have your first stall coming up. Don't panic, just stay in it and you will get through it. 

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

mamasloth
on 2/5/14 10:01 am

Thanks! My sister (2 years out) said her first stall was when she started puréed 

AmyB1012
on 2/5/14 6:31 am

just keep on trucking your doing great. Soon you will be past it and will be so glad.

MAchick
on 2/5/14 7:12 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Oh I'm definitely craving some real food!  I'm on modified liquids,  so I can do liquids,  yogurt,  applesauce,  protein drinks and soupy cream of wheat. 

My fiance has been eating around me,  which isn't too bad unless he eats something very fragrant or crunchy. What I would give for a little crunch!  LOL

But on the other hand,  I've lost like 12lbs in 9 days. Guess solids can wait! 

honeybeeme
on 2/5/14 9:24 am
VSG on 01/22/14

I'm on the same as you. It has been okay.... six more days to go!

mamasloth
on 2/5/14 9:58 am

That's what I keep telling myself. Almost done! 

mamasloth
on 2/5/14 9:59 am

Cream of wheat is definitely the most exciting thing on my list ;) 

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/14 9:27 am

im 2weeks out on the liquid n soup phase.. i find myself craving things that were not even things i had problems with before.. i just keep telling myself slow n steady just a few more days.. keep it up.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views