6 Months to the Day

mmmesser
on 2/5/14 8:56 am

I wasn't going to post but thought I would be amiss to not say something on this auspicious day!  I am a good 90 lbs.+ down and feeling good and proud of myself.  I was lying in a hospital bed this time 6 months ago!  The only real discomfort at that time was the reflux I kept dealing with.  I have not had caffeine, alcohol, or real chocolate in those 6 months (plus the two weeks preop diet).  I see my surgeon at the end of the month and getting some labwork done prior to this visit.  I still have moments where I seem drained as I walk stairs and run around quite a bit at work everyday but overall, I feel much lighter and more fit with less volume.  I get compliments and people notice my weight loss and have been supportive and I have been VERY open about my surgery and how I have used this tool to help lose so much weight so quickly.  I think people have enough lies thrown at them from media about body image that I don't want to add to the statistics when looking at body image problems for girls/women/boys/men.  When people ask me if I am going to lose more...I say, 'hell yes' and they look concerned and ask why and I tell them that I want to try my best to get off my CPap and I will lose down to an acceptable weight to make that happen (if I'm so lucky to get off of it at my ideal weight).  When I say that they then understand that it's not so much about body image but real medical issues and lay off at that point because they think 'duh, of course she wants to be medically healthy'.  I notice that I have more head hunger now than even 2 months ago and especially as a woman and around certain times of the month...that is a booger I'm beginning to learn.  Also, exercise is something I haven't held out open arms too.  I do love yoga but since having a bum shoulder I have really had to limit that but I am starting to get that old 'itch' when I exercised daily so, I know that will come when I am ready for it to start.  I think I should also write down my menu for today here:

B- Dannon Lite and Fit Greek flavored yogurt  (80 calories, 12 protein)

S- Protein shake (125 calories, 24 protein)

L- grillin beans (80 calories, 3 protein)  and bits of roasted chicken (40 calories, 6 protein)

low fat triscuits (72 calories, 2 protein) and Laughing cow lite cheese (35 calories, 2 protein)

S- protein and PB2 frozen to make VSG friendly peanut butter cups (60 calories, 4 protein)

D- ground pork dumplings (100 calories, 8 protein)

S- low fat hot cocoa (50 calories, 2 protein)

I have about 40 lbs. to go before I do a sleep study to see where my Sleep Apnea is.  It would be a great personal victory for me to get off of that as I have needed one since I was 19 and I am turning 38 in a couple of months.  I hope to get it off within another 6 months which is doable.  I have to say that this has not been the easiest process nor the worst one I've gone through and if I can do it...most anyone can do it!

tdallison
on 2/5/14 9:04 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

You are doing great!  

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

childof60s
on 2/5/14 9:38 am
VSG on 12/17/13

Congrats!  A great journey!

So, how do you make VSG friendly peanut butter cups from PB2???  I have a jar and would love some options, and that sounds too yummy!

Immediately after surgery: Blood sugars normal, metformin discontinued! Month 1: 18.2 lbs lost;  Month 2: 11 lbs lost.  Month 3: 11 lbs lost

mmmesser
on 2/5/14 10:10 am

Method for Peanut Butter Cups

1 small scoop chocolate whey protein powder

4 TBSP of Cocoa PB2

1-2 packets of Stevia

4oz water

-Blend all the ingredients together in a blender

-Divide the peanut butter mixture into round muffin tins (USE a SILICONE tray!!!), filling about 3/4 full.

-Place filled muffin tin in freezer and let freeze for about an hour or until firm (Freeze any extra peanut butter cups for up to five days

adargie
on 2/6/14 12:03 am - MI

I am so goin gto try this. I have a bunch of the PB2 laying around and need to use it up!

VSG on 06/12/13

you are doing great! Keep plugging away and you will certainly get to your goals! :) You may find your head hunger resolves a bit if you decrease your carbs via beans, triscuits, dumpling wrappers, etc. I find the days after I get carby, I want to eat the hinges off the door.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

mmmesser
on 2/6/14 10:03 am

Good points!  Mostly it was that TOM.  I am feeling better now that I've gotten through that but also, I think because I do eat carbs it makes it that much worse during that TOM.  I will remember that for next month and keep it all proteins at least a week before.  Thank you for bringing my attention to that!  I'm marking my calendar NOW!

Selina12
on 2/5/14 11:36 am - Canada

90 lbs in 6 months is inspiring! Good luck with the rest of your journey, hope you get to ditch the C-PAP machine.

HW-317  SW-310  CW-148  Mar(-25.5). Apr(-16.8). May(-14). June(-15.6). July(-18.1). Aug(-8). Sept(-7). Oct(-12.2). Nov(-6.6). Dec(-1.3). Jan(-13.3). Feb(-6.7). Mar(-5.2)        Surgery February 28th, 2014     Dr. Aceves    Goal Weight: 150-135  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 267 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views