Surgery 1/31/14

Christinann
on 2/8/14 6:38 am

Has anyone else ever wondered if the surgery "took"?  I am 9 days out and I've only had liquids and started on protein shakes this past Thursday.  I believe I feel full in that I don't want anymore of the shake and then I stop drinking.  I'm midly hungry when it's time for the next shake - four hours later or I forget what time it is.  Obviously, I haven't had any solid food but I have a nagging thought that, "Maybe I'm different and I'm not going to feel full". 

The first several days I could hardly drink juice and stuck to the crystal light only.  It doesn't tast that good to me any longer but I still drink it and have been getting close to the 64 oz between all of the water and shakes.  I think that because I can drink the water, I'm afraid that the surgery hasn't "taken".

Any words of advise?

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know everyone!! 

Machelle.K
on 2/8/14 7:20 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

Because you are still on liquids you will not feel the restriction. You will when you start to introduce food, trust me. I remember feeling like "I don't feel it." I don't much care for crystal light so I changed to herbal tea they just are more refreshing. Be sure to follow your doctors food plan, they know what they did right? I hope this helps.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Christinann
on 2/8/14 7:58 am

Thank you, Machelle!  I appreciate your getting back with me.  I feel better now.  : )

cappy11448
on 2/8/14 7:50 am

There have been several points where I worried that I was going to be the only one where the surgery didn't work, or I would not lose weight, or my hair wouldn't grow back!  Reading other people's post, I know we are not alone.  A lot of people feel that way.  My sleeve is working great; I've lost a wonderful amount of weight, and at 9 months out, my biggest problem is all the short little hairs sticking straight up on the top of my head, filling in my hair again. 

Hang in there.  Its all going to work fine!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Christinann
on 2/8/14 8:00 am

Thank you, Carol!  I appreciate your words of confirmation that I'm not experiencing any feelings that someone else hasn't felt!! I have a feeling I'll have the hair issue too as my hair is fine to begin with. 

Congratulations on your weight loss!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 84 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views