Surgeon appointment tomorrow

onmyway06062011
on 2/9/14 11:21 pm, edited 2/10/14 11:20 am - FL
VSG on 03/10/14

I guess I just need to vent... I go see my surgeon tomorrow and I haven't seen him since March of last year when I had my lapband taken out my band slipped twice the first time I had it surgically fixed The second time the surgeon wanted to convert me to another surgery but at the time I was so sick from not being able to eat anything I didn't want to have surgery. And now I feel really silly  to go back to ask for surgery. I talked to my PCP about it and she agrees I wasn't in any shape at that time to have revision surgery and she wants me to have the vertical sleeve gastrectomy now. I'm just so afraid of what the surgeons going to think I've gained all of my weight back this year's been a very stressful year. I hope this isn't too long I guess my question is...was anybody else worried about what the surgeon was going to think of them? Thanks for listening any insight  would be greatly appreciated. ... Dawn

civilmomma
on 2/10/14 2:21 am
VSG on 03/07/14

I would think that the surgeon would be happy to have another customer, happy to see someone trying to better themselves, and happy to see that you are trying again to have a successful experience with WLS.

If anything the surgeon would be proud of you for taking the time to heal and regroup - and coming back to try again.

I hope this one is successful and you get the long-lasting results you want.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

onmyway06062011
on 2/10/14 2:29 am - FL
VSG on 03/10/14

Thank you civilmomma for taking the time to reply I think I just needed to be reassured by someone to calm my fears and looking at what you said makes a lot of sense to me and makes me feel better thank you again 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 308 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 355 views