Ideas please

Mommytwo3
on 2/10/14 1:46 am - Independence, KY

Hello all.  Geesh where to begin.. I had my sleeve done in 6/2010 and got down to 122. I would say over the last year I have slowly been creeping back up and I'm now at 139. I admit that I NEVER had to excercise and I cheated TONS. Some how the weight still fell off. I have noticed I can eat about double what I was able to eat before so I am pretty sure I have streatched my sleeve some. I'm scared! Since I never really did the right thing as far as diet I don't know how to get back to the basics. How many carbs should I have in a day? How many calories? My head is spinning. I was able to fit into a size 6 and now they are far to snug to be comfortable. I NEED to get back down to at least 125ish. Thanks for any help you may be able to lend. :)

Jackie T.
on 2/10/14 2:07 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Go back to basics.  I am not going to say how many calories on purpose because you can eat more now then you could in the beginning.  You need to eat at least 80-100 grams of protein per day. Dense protein will last longer. Don't eat or drink anything at least 30 minutes before and after you eat.  The after is very, very important!  Cut back on your carbs, now here depending on how active you are, you can cut back but it will not be easy, you will go through withdrawals again but maybe 60 grams but 40 or less would be better but just make sure you are eating healthy carbs that are in vegetables.  Log your food.  If you are not logging start now so that you have an idea of how much you are actually eating each day and then slowly try and cut this back.  Drink a lot of non caloric drinks, preferrably water at least 64 oz but a lot more is better.  Dense protein and water are your friends now and forever!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Chida
on 2/10/14 2:44 am

Why not go back to your nutritionist for a plan?

PerfectAngel
on 2/10/14 3:31 am

As bad as the protein drinks are I am sure the 10-day liquid diet will put things in check!  i am on the 10-day post Op down 20lbs. 

Good luck!

Mommytwo3
on 2/10/14 4:14 am - Independence, KY

Thank you all *****plied. I made a not of the carb/protein count. I had an idea of where I needed to be but I wasn't 100% sure. I would like to go back to my nutritionest but I paid for my procedure out of pocket which only included 2 year's follow up. Now I'm out of that window and without more $$ I don't think they would see me. In the VERY beginning I logged what I was eating but since it was so easy for me I quit logging, quit counting etc. Back to basics for me I just had to figure out what exactly that was. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 288 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 340 views