Can your Vertical sleeve stretch

leprowl2828
on 2/11/14 3:33 am
VSG on 01/29/14 with

I am wondering is it possible to strecth your sleeve by eating wrong foods?  Or eating too much food?  My surgery is only 11days old.  I'm on puree foods like broth,  and now my Doctor saysI can have cream soups, apple sauce and jello.  i have another question to my more experienced VSG people  at what point did you begin to have solid foods?  Also what type were they?

Thanks for all replies

leprowl2828

Kvp1029
on 2/11/14 3:54 am
Revision on 12/28/13

Yes your sleeve can stretch.  I started making poor food choices 7 years in and eating fast food again.  I stretched mine to the point I could eat a hamburger or most of it.  I had a revision on dec 28.  I started solids at 6 weeks and dr said to try and eat whatever as long as it is on plan.  I do tuna ground turkey and beef jerky.  And still protein shake for breakfast.  

TexasTerritory
on 2/11/14 5:15 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Sorry, I have a silly question: does it hurt to stretch your tummy? I have eaten too fast once before and threw up. It didn't feel good at all. I haven't eaten too much at one setting and always measure my food.

I understand the tummy can stretch but it seems to me that it would be painful. Just wondering. Thanks.

leprowl2828
on 2/11/14 5:58 am
VSG on 01/29/14 with

I thank you foryour answer cause I started cheating a litttle cause My mother just passed away and I didn't findout she was dying until 4 days ago ...sigh which was just 1 week post op butthrumany Prayers and faith I'm back up and running! I didn't come this far to turn around so it's strickly protein shakes from here on out ant my chicken broth over mash potatoes  with puree foods only again thanks a lot for your reply. By the way your revision was on my birthday

so here's to your new life

leprowl2828

G5x5
on 2/11/14 4:01 am - VA

Yes it can happen, but it isn't likely on the food you're mentioning or at this stage of the process (unless you're suicidedly overeating).

If it happens at all, it will be years from now and will be caused by frequently overeating and "pushing" the sleeve.  Think ole' fashion "loosen the belt" Thanksgiving meal.  Do that repeatedly and you'll stretch things.

At this point if you over eat you're going to vomit (or nearly so).  You're fresh to the sleeve, so figure somewhere in the next few weeks you'll make a mistake and then you'll know exactly what we're talking about.  It's all part of learning to manage your new sleeve.

My mistake came around the 4th or 5th week when I rushed eating my morning scrambled eggs between meetings.  I didn't vomit, but I got as close as you can without doing so.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

leprowl2828
on 2/11/14 6:14 am
VSG on 01/29/14 with

Your advice is great, I understand what you mean this morning I took my medicine to close together and also my pain medicine.   I became very nausea I had to wait for it to  pass..So I just kept having small sips of water I am beginnning to get the picture now ... On wednesday i am seeing my Nutrition person then I'll get more ideas on food choices ... Thank yiu the soreness in my stomach is finaly easing up which is making it more comfortable for me to tolerate  moving around.  It's nice not feeling hungry all the time.  Thanks for telling me how to put the brakes on.

leprowl2828  

G5x5
on 2/11/14 4:03 am - VA

Also: Solid foods were at 4 weeks out.