Soooooo hungry!!!!

LoveDove24
on 2/10/14 5:51 am

Day 5 of the 12 day pre-op liquid diet and I am still starving!!!!  Any tips on making it through to surgery day?  Please help!

Dodgergirl27
on 2/10/14 5:58 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hi LoveDove24,

I had the same problems during my pre-op diet (I had the RNY) and of course ask you surgeon....BUT I did have some tuna with low fat mayo a few times.  My pre-op was all liquid shakes and that tuna really helped me.  However, the 3 days before surgery I had nothing but shakes (and it was painful, but I didn't want to go into surgery with anything in my stomach).  There are a number of post on here about whether people "cheated" during pre-op and you'll get various opinions.  I stuck with an all protien diet so I didn't feel like I was cheating (plus I lost 14 lbs) and those couple of times with the tuna REALLY helped me survive those two weeks.  The crazy thing is, you'll get out of surgery and have to force those shakes down, its so weird how much the surgery changes things.  Good Luck!

freckles1973
on 2/10/14 6:07 am - Canada

I feel your pain..or I remember your pain :-( I also got soooo hungry at times on my pre-op liquid diet that it was painful! What helped in those times was that my NUT allowed me to have as many veggies as I wanted throughout the day..raw..steamed..grilled seasoned with Mrs. Dash. Could have Bouillon or a homemade veggie soup (no noodles or rice)..which I made and that helped me alot. I also was able to have small amounts of sugar free Jello and popsicles.

I know it's rough..but you can do it!

Good luck!

HW : 246 PW:220 SW:208 CW:130

VSG surgery on 09/10/2013 with Dr. Henri Atlas

alykat1116
on 2/10/14 6:40 am - NV

I am also on my liquid diet. My liquid diet is 4 weeks long though. My NUT also allows me to have 2-4 cups a day of veggies- steamed, raw- however with any seasoning I want. It helps a lot with hunger so far. I have a very specifac list of veggies that I can choose from, but there is a good selection...mostly green. I hope it gets better for you...

jndrake
on 2/10/14 6:56 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I can relate, I was starving too, the only thing that helped me was going to bed

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss