ACA and Supplement coverage

goleftoklahoma
on 2/12/14 11:08 pm
VSG on 01/24/14

Greetings everyone, I do not care to get into the merits and demerits of the affordable care act but I read that on a post a day or two ago that under the reform that some of the supplements, maybe vits, and shakes could be covered.  I don't know if this falls under preventive care or another provision.  I emailed my insurance provider and they said it was not covered.  Does anyone have any supporting evidence I could use to trump them?  They initially denied my visits to the NUT until I fought with them for a month and got 21 covered visits per year.  Thanks!

downhome
on 2/12/14 11:24 pm

I do not have any information on this.  Just wanted to say I am from Oklahoma also. I had my surgery done in Edmond at Weight Wise.  Loved them but am too far away to go to support meetings so I come here.  Welcome aboard!

goleftoklahoma
on 2/12/14 11:26 pm
VSG on 01/24/14

Thanks!  Nice to meet another Okie.  Claimmaster is too!  

Aquafinaflo
on 2/13/14 12:51 am
VSG on 02/18/14

We'll I actually read about it to. It's free through insure nutrition. What happens is that your resister, choose between optifast and primeur protein(I choose primeur because I know how it tastes) either vanilla or chocolate. They even give you scar cream if you elect it. They will call you to verify your info and inform you that they have sent a prescription to your dr and to make sure they recieved it, sign it, n send back. I first filed with uhc, then realized that express scripts was who I had for my prescription coverage. So I redid it and that's when it was filed.

goleftoklahoma
on 2/13/14 1:43 am
VSG on 01/24/14

I have express scripts too.  Did it for sure get covered, or is it pending?  thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views