Surgery in 2 Days

LoveDove24
on 2/15/14 5:02 am

Hello All,  Having surgery in two days and feeling a range of emotions...excited, pensive, scared and hopeful all at the same time.  I'm trying to prepare myself as best I can, but I'm kind of all over the place.  Any tips?

PerfectAngel
on 2/15/14 5:47 am

Stay busy, it will be here and you will be on the other side before you know it!  Good Luck, I am almost two weeks post op and it was so worth it!!

Cheers!

1kimbo
on 2/15/14 6:46 am
VSG on 02/25/14

How are you doing?  What if any issues have you had?

Mine is on the 25th.

HW-227  SW 119  

M1-

Liz1029
on 2/15/14 9:02 am
VSG on 02/11/14

Good luck! I just had my surgery on Tuesday and I was definitely a mess of emotions. I kept reminding myself why I was doing this in the moments that I felt like backing out. The night of I was really regretting it because I was getting sick and couldn't keep anything down. It's gotten better everyday, and I am now drinking much easier, although I'm not quite at my liquid or protein intake goal. It's definitely a lot of work, but it's possible. Recovery varies for everyone. Utilize this forum for support and just focus on sipping and walking. Good luck to you, I'm sure you will do great!

HW: 350 Consult: 324 SW: 305 CW: 275 GW: 175

KellyH67
on 2/15/14 12:32 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 02/19/14

Good luck!!!  Mine is in 4 days and I'm counting the minutes! LOL!  

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.  Excellence I can reach for.  Perfection I leave up to God."  Michael J. Fox

mcraedublin
on 2/15/14 7:47 pm - GA

Three days away and I am so excited and impatient!!!!

weese
on 2/15/14 1:41 pm
VSG on 02/26/14

My surgery is in 11 days.  I was just talking to my mom about all these feelings.  She said of course you can always call this off up until the moment before they put you out for surgery but if you do I bet ten years down the road you will wish you didn't.  I agreed, with the pain in my back, the tendonitis and bursitis flairs from my lupus I cant imagine my pain level in ten years if I don't do this now.  Couple all this with the risk of developing diabetes and heart failure just from being morbidly obese and I know I am doing the right thing.  besides....one day I would really like to try a zip line when we are on vacation! I know we are all doing the right thing! 

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

LoveDove24
on 2/16/14 8:25 am

You guys are great!!!! Thanks so much for the support!!! xoxo!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 190 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 277 views