Eating again

Tenacious88
on 2/17/14 11:10 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

I will remember this President’s Day forever; today I had my first soft food meal, after not eating solid food for three weeks. One 4oz yogurt for breakfast and one oz of tuna with dressing blended soft, yummy. Still had my protein shakes and water. 12 days post-op and looking forward to other yummy meals.
The only thing I have to say is, go slow don’t rush into eating follow your doctors orders, better to be safe then sorry. Don’t put anything in your mouth that can hurt you, even at the risk of causing a leak or other complications. This is just a TOOL not to be taken lightly. When we went into surgery, we placed our lifes in the hands of a surgeon, with the hope of coming out sleeved or maybe dead. So keep that in mind when you eat or drink. All these things I apply to myself also.
Sleeve on, what a wonderful gift we have recieved.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/14 12:49 pm
VSG on 02/10/14

Yes, a double holiday for sure!  We should keep books.. you know like "Baby Books" of our first milestones!  haha

VPrincess228
on 2/17/14 1:09 pm
VSG on 02/03/14

I'm two weeks post op today and I finally got to eat something non liquid as well :) I never realized how delicious cottage cheese, egg salad and a riccotta bake would be and how satisfying!!!! Still drank a protein shake to get in all my protein for the day, but omg food never tasted this good!

LAURA 28 years old  Height: 5' 6 1/2"  HW: 265  SW: 237  CW: 184

M1 -18  M2 -13  M3 -12  M4 -8

Most Active