Protein Shake HEAVEN!!!

NatWaddyDoDaDay
on 2/17/14 2:31 pm

So I'm a week post op as of last Thursday. I go back and forth between Unjury Chicken Protein soup and Bariatric Advantage meal replacement shakes (preferred by my program****il I can finally add soft foods later this week.

I recently bought some unflavored Bariatric Advantage and it actually has its own sweet flavor that I don't mind. In fact, I haven't minded the shakes at all with exception to the monotony and having actual dreams about eating delicious food. Seriously, I ate the most tasty sausage breakfast burrito and scrumptious salsa in my dream last night!

So here's what I suggest if you're pre OR post op and need to shake up your shakes! HEAD to Wal-Mart and purchase every flavor of fat free, sugar free pudding MIX that sounds yummy to you. Here's a shake that I just made and I'm LOVING it!

2 scoops unflavored meal replacement shake MIX

1 cup milk of your choice, I used cow milk) or water

1/4 teaspoon banana cream pudding MIX powder

2 teaspoons chocolate pudding MIX powder

Add milk to blender first, then the other ingredients and ice to your suiting. Blend really well. It will be so light and creamy that you would be hard pressed if I told you that there wasn't actual banana in it.

Bon apetit! 

Calaska
on 2/17/14 2:38 pm - AK
VSG on 08/18/14

Thanks for the ideas. I'm saving them for down the road when I need them. Do you find that you're tastes have changed after surgery?  Looks like you can still tolerate milk. That's good!

58 yo female, 5'9" HW: 297 SW: 285  Surgery W: 252. CW: 224.8 GW: 160        

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass

NatWaddyDoDaDay
on 2/17/14 2:53 pm

My tastes haven't changed that I've noticed yet and I can tolerate milk just fine. I like almond milk too and add a smidge of water to my shakes also. I have noticed that my sense of smell is even sharper now. Sometimes I can smell people's breath and that's not the best perk of the surgery but I'm 25 pounds down from when I started the pre op diet so ill take it!

STXREDNECK
on 2/17/14 7:56 pm

I noticed the sense of smell enhancement as well

Heatherdawn
on 2/18/14 10:18 am - PA

I have such a keen sense if smell already I hope that doesn't happen to me.

NatWaddyDoDaDay
on 2/17/14 2:53 pm
Cathy K.
on 2/17/14 9:38 pm

now that sounds good will give a try

mollz007
on 2/18/14 12:20 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Thanks for the great idea! I will make that just as soon as I am cleared for protein shakes post op.

check out my blog!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views