I'm sleeved

Aquafinaflo
on 2/21/14 8:11 am
VSG on 02/18/14

hi everyone, I'm 4 days sleeved today. It's been really ruff for me considering I got sick Monday afternoon n was dry heavin by 9. Nbm after 12 but was throwing up at the hospital. I already knew it wasn't gonna b to easy. But needless to say these past 2 days have been better. Thanks for the prayers.I'm on the losers bench 

mollz007
on 2/21/14 8:29 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Congratulations! Sorry things were rough at first but I'm glad you're doing better! I had my surgery yesterday and was discharged this morning. So far so good except for pain around my incisions glad we've both made it to the losers bench!

check out my blog!

Scribbler
on 2/21/14 9:58 am

Congrats to you too Mollz!

sleevemama
on 2/21/14 9:14 am
VSG on 04/30/13

Congrats! Sorry you had a rough start but glad your doing better! Hope you have a great weight loss journey.

HW:266 SW:229 GW:140 CW:140  Maintenance 11/6/13

pineview01
on 2/21/14 9:33 am - Davison, MI

I started to get sick at the hospital but, for me, when they stopped the pain meds I was good to go.  I was lucky and watched my DD and sister both sleeved and both go thru throwing up.  Both stopped after they were taking off the morphine pump.  The three of us were lucky it was meds and not a bug.  My heart goes out to to.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

elisenacole_1rules
on 2/21/14 9:47 am

its so inspiring to read all the feedback from others recently sleeved! I had mine Wednesday morning and was released Thursday morning. I am really sore, but haven't been sick to my tummy, thank goodness!  congrats on getting it done! :-)

Scribbler
on 2/21/14 10:00 am

Yay for being sleeved! I hope you can kick that nausea to the curb. I had it a little bit myself at first, but it went away quick. Now I'm just frustrated that I can't seem to get enough protein in, but yeah, that's one of the challenges of being sleeved right at first. Focus on staying hydrated. I found that helped the nausea a bunch.

mcraedublin
on 2/21/14 12:34 pm - GA

Congratulations! And welcome to the bench! I joined on the 19th. It has not been easy to say the least but I am grateful.  

Tenacious88
on 2/21/14 1:45 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Congrats, Welcome to the bench.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

KellyH67
on 2/21/14 10:24 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 02/19/14

Congratulations!!!  I was sleeved on Wednesday, too!  I got out Friday because I wasn't taking in enough fluids by Thursday…but i kept drifting in and out of sleep, so it was hard to drink when you're out of it.  LOL!  I was lucky enough to not throw up, though I did have some nausea which the nursing staff quickly took care of for me.  Morphine can definitely cause you to throw up…I had that happen once when I was 16 and had surgery and ever since then, I just tell the medical staff that I'm allergic to it.  There are plenty of substitutions out there that it hasn't hindered me when I've gotten pain pills before, either.  

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.  Excellence I can reach for.  Perfection I leave up to God."  Michael J. Fox

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views