10 days post op and stomach ache question

sanjali23
on 2/22/14 4:42 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

Before I start I did use the search button but not much help this time. I had my sleeve done on 2/12 and am on full liquids. Everything I drink hurts my stomach. At first I thought I was just healing but even one tiny little sip does it. I noticed it was more intense with milk so I stopped that as I know many caution us newbies about lactose intolerance but I don't know what else to try because yogurt and almost all the things I have to have has some type of dairy in it. I guess my question is, is this normal until I heal or should I feel the same as before when I eat? 

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

Ihearttennis
on 2/22/14 8:19 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I use to drink an Isopure a day. It doesn't taste that great but it is 40 grams of protein and is tolerable. I don't remember having pain when I would drink, especially if I drank little sips slowly. I hope you feel better soon.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

sanjali23
on 2/22/14 9:39 pm - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

OMG, I tried Isopure and gagged like nobodies business. :-(

— Dave Gardner

DesertRose
on 2/22/14 9:04 am
VSG on 01/08/14

How is water?  Does it hurt to sip water?

sanjali23
on 2/22/14 9:38 pm - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

Yes even water

— Dave Gardner

DesertRose
on 2/23/14 9:33 am
VSG on 01/08/14

I'd probably check with the surgeon's office, just to be on the safe side.

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/14 11:32 am
VSG on 02/10/14

My surgery was Feb 10, and I am having the exact same thing!  I can say though that it is better over the last few days.  Water is the absolute worst.  Tea is okay.  The easiest on my stomach was light white grape juice.  I also just started a couple soft foods, and I think it's getting better.  Best wishes!

sanjali23
on 2/22/14 9:37 pm - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

OMG, Stephanie, you have no idea how it feels to know that I'm not the only one because everyone else seems to just prop back one hundred percent right away. Not that I'm glad we're in pain or anything. I find that hot tea eases this a little but even apple sauce hurts. I'm getting frustrated because I'm afraid to eat anything. I haven't even been getting in anything substantial because of it. I am calling the doc on Monday I can't take this. Of course I'm trying to be patient because I know that I am not even 2 weeks out yet. I hope you feel better soon and if you find a resolution please share.

— Dave Gardner

Pelz
on 2/23/14 1:05 am

I am the same way. I keep telling myself that my stomach is still in shock so whenever I put something in it it is freaking out. I swallow everything to where it doesn't even seem  like I'm putting anything in my stomach. I've also noticed that I have to have everything at room temp or warmer or else the pain is worse. I'm starting to get use to it but still can't take any pills even crushed because it bothers me. I am constantly putting drops of fluids in my mouth so that I don't get dehydrated. 

Scribbler
on 2/23/14 1:25 am

I don't know if you tried this yet or not, but when I was sore the first few days out, I made herbal tea, unsweetened, and drank it warm in teeny sips. That seemed to ease the pain and cramping in my angry new tummy. Cold drinks seemed to make it worse.

I still get a little crampy if I drink something cold too fast. I'm almost 3 weeks out and the soreness is going away (slowly). I agree, it's maddening when you're supposed to be getting all this fluid and protein in, but the body rebels.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views