Anyone have problems with tachycardia before surgery and was it a problem?

closure
on 2/22/14 9:12 am - PA

I had my first seminar today about the surgery. I guess things have changed, requirements, since I tried before. You have to go to at least 2 seminars before you meet with the surgeon one on one. Even though I have been through all of it before, except the surgery, I don't mind too much about going to them because I am going for the sleeve instead of RNY this time. Where I started getting nervous was the paperwork I had to fill out. I have a tachycardia issue and since I didn't meet with the surgeon one on one I couldn't really ask about it, but I'm nervous that it might hold up surgery or keep me from it all together. When I considered surgery before I had the tachycardia and it was no problem, but it's gotten worse the last year or so. It's controlled with meds thankfully. I just don't want to get too hopeful for surgery and then be told I can't get it. Anyone have tachycardia issues?

Luvs2Cruise
on 2/22/14 9:32 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I had to get cardiac clearance from my EP Cardiologist.  They also had to make a medication change 2 months prior to surgery thru 6 weeks following surgery because what I take can not be opened and mixed into anything.  I had to be off my current  medication a month.  Then they switched me to a "carry over medication" for a month that could be crushed after surgery.  I was on it until 6 weeks post surgery.  Then, I was able to be switched back to my original medication. 

VSG on 10/30/13 Surgeon: Erik Throop    "There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." ~ Ralph Marston

HW: 447 YIKES!!!! SW: 293  CW: 140 GW:140?  100% on Plan -100% of the time!!!

Losses by Months: (5' 1") WL Pre-Op-154  M1-28​, M2-12, M3-18, M4-15, M5-14.5, M6-13.5, M7-10, M8-13, M9-14, M10-10, M11-1 (What the heck??)  M12-4as of today's date     

closure
on 2/22/14 12:29 pm - PA

Thank you for the reply. That sounds like what they might have to do for me. I'm on an extended release so I don't think it can be mixed...I could be wrong though. They'd probably just put me back on the regular one. I was on that forever, but the extended release works a bit better. I actually didn't think about medications needing to be crushed and all that after surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 146 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 439 views