Broke the Stall-Yeah!

Rosie B.
on 2/25/14 9:57 pm

Well, finally after 5 weeks, the stall has been broken.  Here are my hopefully helpful hints.  I added more protein and water.  I am exercising.  I am eating wayyyy slower.  I am being so much more careful about drinking water after I eat.  I found myself hungry, shortly after eating, probably because I washed the food out of my stomach and found myself grazing; sometimes on one chip here or a bite of carbs there, but they do add up.  I was shocked when I tracked my food on MFP.  They really do add up.

I had to go to an interview yesterday and put on some of my old blazers and suits.  OMG, they were so big on me, I looked sloppy.  I have dropped 3.5 lbs this week and I am so happy.  I went 5 weeks without an loss of even 1 oz.  So, hope these hints help someone.  And thank you for all of your help on this site.  They were your hints and not the Doctor's office's hints that I followed.  I know it's not a big weight loss but I feel so much more confident that I can do this and lose the 60 lbs I have left.  I have already lost 40.   We can do this!

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/25/14 10:06 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

HOORAY! Good-bye stall! 

I saw my NUT yesterday and she told me I can start drinking liquids up to eating my meal. I gave that a try at my dinner date last night. Nope. I totally got hungry again much, much sooner. I'll stick to Frisco's awesome post about the pyloric valve and the 1/2 hr rules. Why fiddle with something that's already working very well for me?

CONGRATS!! 

MayPenGirl
on 2/25/14 11:30 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Congrats on breaking the stall!!

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/14 12:06 am - Canada

Stall conquered!

Great job!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views