Is anyone else emotional?

LoveDove24
on 2/26/14 5:27 am

Hi everyone.  I'm 9 days post-op and having a really good recovery, but my emotions are EVERYWHERE.  One moment I'm excited and the next I'm crying my eyes out from watching reruns of Will & Grace.  It seems as if everything makes me cry now.  When will this part be over?

mishaann01
on 2/26/14 5:43 am

I was emotional from the anesthesia. I can't remember how long that lasted, but now I seem to be in a constant state of pms. Fun times lol!

HW: 280.4 Pre-op diet: -10 (270.2) SW: 270.2

Surgery date: 2/3/2014

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/26/14 6:09 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Hormonal upheavals ahead! It gets better the farther out you get, that's the good news. I was kinda crabby, my sex drive got all funky and I've had some break through anxiety attacks that were not pleasant. On the other hand, there are so many positives to offset the hormonal crap as you get farther out...new clothes, glimpses of yourself in the mirror when you almost don't recognize yourself, the atta girl/boys, being able to tie your shoes, take a walk without huffing and puffing, amusement parks, car seat belts that fit, no extra airline ticket, being able to take a shower without becoming exhausted, better health overall, off meds, hopefully goodbye CPAP, not trying to fade into the background during family picture time or hiding behind your child/dog/purse,  did I mention NEW CLOTHES..yeah..very fun.

Hang in there! It gets better every day 

michellebrad
on 2/26/14 6:19 am - Eastlake, OH

OMG I totally get what you're going through.  I'm 7 days post-op and the other day, I was a complete hormonal mess.  I was like WTH, did I have a baby or weight loss surgery? :)  I sooo empathize with you.  I was watching a commercial and almost cried.  I was at the doctor's office and the doctor came in and said "sooo..." and I about lost it again.  UGH!  Today though, it a MUCH better day.  I feel like myself... please...let this continue into tomorrow.

Highest weight: 389   Weight at day of surgery: 370   Surgery Date: 2/19/14

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 2/26/14 6:23 am - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

You might want to check out my post the other day.  Nice discussion about it. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/5244053/Yep-Im-a-hormo nal-dude/ 

HW: 495  Consult: 390  SW: 361 CW: 289

April is Autism Awareness Month!

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/26/14 6:52 am
VSG on 10/30/13

You want a good cry? This post by buzzfeed is so moving and beautiful. I dare anyone to read it and not get a serious case of the feels.  Get all those hormonal tears out and get some serious life affirming positivity in the process :)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/pictures-that-will-make-you-proud-to-be-a-human-being-aga

Tata64
on 2/26/14 11:32 pm

Yes, this happens,your hormones are dumping because of the weight loss and the rapid change of your body. Stay positive and do things to occupied your mind. I'm 4 months I have less emotional break downs. I heard it gets better.

Blessings.....

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/14 11:50 pm

I think we all are in the beginning.We had a major change in our bodies.I am four months post op and I am starting to feel normal.Well whatever that is.Make sure you get enough rest and take care of yourself.I warned everyone around me if I was in a crappy mood.Feel better.Winter doesn't help much either.As soon as we can get outside and get some sun and breath some fresh air.

JAlston
on 2/27/14 4:43 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I would say put your seat belt on...the weightloss from VSG is a roller coaster ride for your emotions. Try to remember what an awesome ride it is (hopefully you like roller coasters!). I actually asked my PCP for medicine to help balance things out as I was driving myself, husband and child crazy. It does even itself out but remember that hormones are stored in fat cells so as you lose weight those said hormones are release and go a little haywire, so it is to be expected. Right now, you might just be emotion as you had major surgery. It is a lot to take in and digest (so to speak since you aren't digesting much currently).

Believe me, all I can promise is that it is WORTH it. =)

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 4 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 187 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 275 views