Gallbladder surgery this week..almost 4 yrs after sleeve

Dawnie 88
on 3/2/14 10:51 pm

I will be 4 years postop in April. I never had an issue with my gallbladder until recently. I'm scheduled for surgery to remove it this Friday. Doc said the quick weightloss more than likely is the issue with the gallbladder..even though it too****il now to show itself (with gallstones). I knew I had heard about many people having issues with their gallbladder after WLS..and I had hoped I was going to be the one without any issues..lol 

Wish me luck!!

civilmomma
on 3/2/14 10:56 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

Good luck with the surgery. 

I had mine out before WLS, but only 5 weeks after giving birth (apparently pregnancy is another trigger for it to go nutty).  I was home taking care of my newborn about 5 hours after surgery.  The shoulder strap nerve pain is a PITA, but it will pass.  I also had a weird backache ghost pain off and on for months after the GB surgery, but that passed too.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

MAchick
on 3/3/14 12:45 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Is the shoulder strap pain just a pain in that area, or pain when you wear an actual shoulder strap? 

civilmomma
on 3/3/14 1:54 am
VSG on 03/07/14
On March 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM Pacific Time, MAchick wrote:

Is the shoulder strap pain just a pain in that area, or pain when you wear an actual shoulder strap? 

It has nothing to do with clothes...it is nerve pain in the location where a shoulder strap would sit.  My surgeon said it was from the air they pump into your belly for the GB surgery.  It is nerve pain - and it really rings up in the shoulder where a strap would go.  It faded over the course of a few days.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->