On cloud nine!!

Laura222
on 3/4/14 9:16 am
VSG on 07/24/14

So I went today for what I thought as my second out of 6 monthly visits for insurance. When I went, my doctor informed me that I had gone to see her about a month earlier (than the 1st visit) to discuss thyroid issues and we she talked to me about losing weight.  BOOM extra month!! I'm now 3 months from getting a date instead of 4!! Next step....psych eval.... Kinda nervous on what to expect, but super excited about being a month earlier than originally thought. 

Jana S.
on 3/4/14 9:49 am

Awesome news!!  I also am in my 3rd month of my 6 month insurance requirement. I went to my psych eval last month.  It was easy...just had to talk with the doctor about your past weight loss experiences/attempts.  The last thing that I have to do is the upper GI.....I'm a bit nervous about that(and finish the last 3 appts with my family doctor).  Good luck!!!

Laura222
on 3/4/14 9:52 am, edited 3/4/14 9:52 am
VSG on 07/24/14

When I called to schedule the eval they said I should be done in about 2 hours....2 hours!.... I don't talk to people for that long, especially a stranger about my weight. Oh well, new journey, new adventures! Good luck to you too!

Jana S.
on 3/4/14 10:15 am

They told me that it would take that long but mine was done in less than an hour.  Exciting new adventures lie ahead of us VERY soon!!!  :)

Jana

I've been sleeved!!

Surgery date....Sept 10th, 2014

FindingMyWeigh
on 3/4/14 10:27 am
VSG on 10/30/13

They have you fill out a very LONG questionaire. Pages and pages. I think mine was like, 8 pages long. Then there is the actual talking part which isn't as invasive as I thought it would be. I think they were looking to see your general demeanor, your support system, if you have any sexual abuse history, bulimia, anorexia, addictive behaviors other than food..things that are deep seated emotional triggers for overeating. Obviously they are aware that we DO overeat. I think it's more to see if you need a bit of therapy prior to surgery or therapy after surgery to learn different coping mechanisms if needed. That was my impression anyway. My psych was in my surgical teams office but was not affliated with them. He had a background in WLS so that was helpful. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views