13 pounds

Amielea1975
on 3/4/14 10:23 pm
VSG on 12/11/13

I need someone to tell me it's ok... 

I didn't share with anyone that I had VSG. I have felt pretty good about my weight loss so far. Yesterday, I felt somewhat disappointed because I only lost 13 pounds in the last month (month 3). Is this a normal feeling? I am proud of my weight loss, but had a goal in mind and didn't reach it. I was 200.01 yesterday. Wanted 199 so bad. I know it is literally right there, and I am pouting. I haven't been under 200 in so long. Blah today.

Nikke2003
on 3/4/14 10:28 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

13 lbs is great! I would kill to lose that amount of weight at this point. The fact of the matter is that you started this journey with "only" a little over 100 lbs of excess weight - which means you may not losing 15, 20, or 25 lbs in a month. But that's ok... because when you look at how much of the a % of excess weight you have lost, you are doing well. Just hang in there, try not to compare yourself to others, and keep doing your thing!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Jiliana2
on 3/4/14 11:07 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

What Nikke said!

Oh I can well imagine that the 199 was just TEASING you yesterday! That would have made me frustrated too! But Nikke is absolutely right. It's not the number of pounds you've lost in a month, but the percentage of excess weight that makes the difference. As a relative lightweight, 13 pounds in the 3rd month is pretty darn great and you have a right to feel AMAZING about it! Congratulations to you!

And hey, you'll be in onderland before you know it! I'm thrilled for you (and I am looking forward to that day myself)!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Tracy D.
on 3/4/14 11:17 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You're a lightweight like I was - you're not going to post the amazing monthly numbers that other people post.  It's about PERCENTAGE of weight lost, not the pounds when you're a lightweight (go do a search for "It's percentages not pounds" and you'll find a great explanation of this).   I found that after the first 3 months I settled into a pretty consistent pattern of losing 8 lbs. per month.  

Don't compare yourself to others, but if you do make sure you're comparing yourself to someone who is close to the same age/height/weight...it makes a huge difference.  

No more "blahs" about today, girlie.  It's YEAH, I had surgery, YEAH I am losing, YEAH I am healthier, YEAH...fill in the blank.  Be grateful and get out of the pouty mood.  Feeling sorry for yourself is a slippery slope that can often lead to you eating things you shouldn't to make yourself "feel better".  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Amielea1975
on 3/4/14 11:23 pm
VSG on 12/11/13

You guys always know exactly what to say to make me see the light! When I look at the percentage of weight loss I do feel pretty darn good about myself! now, to get that .01 pound off ;)! I bet I would be 199 if I went this morning! THANK YOU !!!

Mike_1964
on 3/4/14 11:27 pm

I look at the tracker tape you have and what I see is you are well past the half way mark.  In 3 months?  This is great!  Celebrate that.  If you want to push yourself, what did you do right the past few days?  Can you do that plus a little more today?  15 more minutes of walking, couple extra sets of steps up and down just for the exercise. 

Mike                                                                             VSG on 02/24/14

White Dove
on 3/4/14 11:38 pm - Warren, OH

Once I was at my goal weight, I realized it did not matter one bit what I weighed on any particular day during the journey.  The important thing was that the weight loss continued, I stayed on my plan and I no longer was overweight.  That is the important thing, getting to your goal, not what the scale said on any single day on the trip.

Most Active