Sick

mamasloth
on 3/4/14 10:34 pm

Monday, I went to the gym and walked for 15 minutes. I felt like I was going to die. I figured, it's because I eat so few calories. (avg. 300 at 5 weeks out) I have an appt. with NUT on Friday, so I'd discuss it.

Few hours later, aches. Chills. Nausea. Took appropriate meds. Would come back every few hours.  Yesterday - slept all day.  Feel a little better today. Not stellar.   

I want crackers when I'm nauseous. Can't have crackers. Sipping water. Blah.

Mike_1964
on 3/4/14 11:13 pm

15 minutes is not too long and I have done it at 1 week post op.  I'm guessing you pushed the speed and/or incline too much.  Don't let others at the gym intimidate you.  You go your pace and they go their pace. 

Mike                                                                             VSG on 02/24/14

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/14 12:32 am - Canada

She got the flu...read paragraph 2 lol :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/14 12:31 am - Canada

I think getting a cold/flue the first time after surgery is scary and weird.  You forget you can get other illnesses because you've (I mean me) have been so wrapped up in your new tummy.  

With my complications I lived off crackers when I finally got out of the hospital 3 weeks ago.  It's the only food that would calm my stomach when the nausea got really bad.  You can probably have them, call your clinic.  A day or two off your eating program is not going to make or break anything and in my book some calories are better than no calories.  

Just an opinion from someone who had to struggle through illness and couldn't jump right on the program.  Yesterday was a really bad nausea day for me and though I haven't had crackers in days I did yesterday.  Nothing else would go down without a lot of discomfort.  

I hope you feel better soon!  Blessings, Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 151 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 425 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 445 views