Almost...!

Annievvho
on 3/5/14 3:08 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I am 0.3 lb. away from losing the most weight I have ever lost at one go in my life. It is SO close, and I feel like it is just out of my reach. I am really excited about it, but scared, too. I had been pretty excited about losing 93 lbs. about 3 years ago. I was even planning a 100 lb. party, but I hit a stall that just wouldn't budge. I lost my motivation, let in bad habits, stopped exercising, and started regaining - rapidly. I have confidence in myself for putting in the work, but I'm afraid of hitting a major stall and losing momentum. I hope that's just the old me whispering bad things in my ear, but it's been on my mind.

More people are noticing my weight loss now, though. I had a patient yesterday who very discreetly asked me if I'd lost a lot of weight. I said I had, and he said I was doing a wonderful job. He said "you've always been pretty, but you look wonderful!" I'm not sure if it's that he's not one of those people who feel like they have to say I was always pretty because they love me, or the fact that he was careful to be discreet and respectful in his compliment (he didn't ask how much or how I did it) that built me up instead of embarrassing me, but I really appreciated the way he brought it up. 

Lastly, I fell yesterday. I'm a big dumb head, and tripped. My center of gravity has changed and I felt like I should have been able to catch myself, but my hands were full and I wasn't even able to catch myself. I had slipped and fallen several months ago - twice. Part of me thinks it's just coincidence, and I'm not more susceptible to falling, but part of me is wondering if anyone else has had problems with balance or center of gravity. Anyone else have that problem?

Tracy D.
on 3/5/14 4:08 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Yes, yes, yes!  My body is still trying to get readjusted to a new center of gravity.  I find myself misjudging exactly where my body is in space and time so I run into things more often, trip, sway, stumble, etc.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

cappy11448
on 3/5/14 4:16 am

Congratulations on losing 93 pounds.  that is fantastic work.  Great job.

I found that my balance was off when I was losing weight fast.  I think my body was used to compensating by moving a certain amount, and that didn't work anymore.  I didn't fall fortunately, but I did have to stumble for my footing several times.  I felt pretty silly!

I'm so pleased that you are nearing your biggest weight loss.  You are going to make it thru any stalls or delays this time because it is different after WLS.  At 6 or 7 months out, my weight loss slowed dramatically to less than half the rate before that time.  It was discouraging, but I told myself that I needed to shift my mind-set and appreciate every pound lost no matter how long it took.  After a couple months the weight loss did pick up again, and I found that I am so grateful now for every pound lost.  It is a much better way to experience the process rather than fretting over the rate of loss and losing sight of how wonderful it is to me getting smaller.

Keep up the good work.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

FindingMyWeigh
on 3/5/14 4:25 am
VSG on 10/30/13

0.3!!! 

That's amazing. .it's totally going to happen!

Hmm..haven't lost my balance. So much as need to improve my posture. I was used to having this big ol belly out front and also hunching my shoulders in to discourage people from interacting with me. I didn't want to see the pity in their eyes or judgment.  I was very ashamed of myself. It's kinda trippy wearing high heels again. I'm all wobbly on them lol

Renee3737
on 3/5/14 6:29 am
VSG on 08/20/13

Never was the best on balance, but have noticed with the weight loss I am so off on everything. Can only think my brain has not caught up with the thinner frame.

HW: 318.6  SW: 303.6  CW: 184.5 (6/02/14)

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/14 7:15 am - Canada

It's great you are so close!  I know it will happen...no evil stalls for you!

Thank you for posting this...it made me realize that I lost more prior to my surgery than I ever have in my life.  The most I had ever lost before I gave up was 30lbs...pre-surgery I lost 39.5lbs.  Yay go me! 

I too notice I feel less sure footed.  Maybe it's like we put weight in the back of the truck for the snow...I have less junk in my trunk to keep my wheels on the road lol!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 376 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views