First bout of nausea

sanjali23
on 3/5/14 7:21 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

So I was cleared for solid food yesterday and had 1 oz of ground turkey in sauce for dinner yesterday. I woke up at 4:30 this morning with the mother of all nausea attack that followed me throughout the day. To make things worse today was my first day back to work. I suffered through the day chompin on Zofran every 6 hours and let me tell you it did not work. Finally I went to old pregnancy remedies and got me some saltine crackers. It did the trick but not for very long. Needless to say I did not meet any goals today, protein, water, etc. Feeling a little better now but I am more afraid to eat than ever.

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

pharmagirl_45
on 3/5/14 8:22 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Wow, I'm surprised you are on solid foods already!  I just started last week and I'm still scared to try some foods.  I try and stick with seafood.  Have you tried smelling alcohol when you get nauseous?  It works!

Take it slow introducing solids in.  Good luck!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/5/14 9:00 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Not a great idea to start eating foods you haven't had since surgery on days that you won't be home.  Depending on what type of sauce you had (acidic or cream based) it could wreak havoc on that fresh new sleeve of yours.  Try a very bland diet until you know what type of reaction you'll have.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

sanjali23
on 3/5/14 9:22 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

I was a little surprised too when I was cleared for solids and have been super careful about what i eat. So far, nothing gets stuck and everything goes down fine but then the nausea happened so I'm taking a major step back for a while.

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views