Clothing NSV

DesertRose
on 3/5/14 3:04 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

Almost all of my long trousers are too loose in the waist/tush area to stay up, so I'm about to go thrift shopping to find a couple of pairs to hold me through until the weather starts to be reliably warm enough for shorts and capris.

The NSV is that I went through my closet and a boatload of clothes I have for spring/summer that have been too small for a while fit now.  Some of them are really cute.  I'm particularly tickled that my purple peasant top fits again along with the white denim capris that I usually wear that top with (it has white embroidery around the neckline).

Now if the weather would just cooperate so I can wear them.  :)

Jiliana2
on 3/5/14 9:02 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

What a great NSV! This one, I can relate to! I've lost 50 lbs since I started the Opti in January, and like you, my pants are too loose in the waist to stay up! I ended up with one pair around my ankles shortly after I got dressed while at home recovering from surgery. How incredible that you get to rediscover some favourite pieces in your closet again for the spring and summer! Keep your fingers crossed thta maybe, maybe (!) by St. Patrick's Day, some folks will have weather good enough to wear those lovely summery outfits!

Congrats for doing so well! You should be super pleased!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

DesertRose
on 3/6/14 7:57 am
VSG on 01/08/14

Thank you!

I hung on to those clothes because they were only one size down from where I was when I started the process, and now I'm glad I did.  The weather next week is supposed to be nice, so hopefully, I can wear those "new" old clothes next week.

By St. Patrick's Day, we're usually past risk of frost in Florida, but that doesn't always mean you can get away with short sleeves and shorts/capris, at least not if you're acclimated to the Florida climate like I am after about 11 years of living here.

Thanks again!  :)

Tracy D.
on 3/5/14 10:26 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

The white capris with purple top sounds so CUTE!  You'll have to take a pic and post it here so we can see you in them.  I live in Nebraska and we've had a COLD, COLD winter but they are predicting a couple days of temps next week in the 60's!     Of course that probably proceeds a spring blizzard...but we'll take it!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

DesertRose
on 3/6/14 8:01 am
VSG on 01/08/14

I'll have to see if someone else can snap a pic for me; my apartment doesn't have a full length mirror so I can take a full-body selfie.  I could take one in the windows in the corridor, but a pic like that would be "split" because of the way the windows are designed.  (I don't think I explained that very well; the windows are double paneled with a bar across the middle of the window.)

Yeah, everybody in the US EXCEPT Florida has had a horrible winter; I don't envy y'all all that snow and cold.  Spring can't get here fast enough, and I mean real spring with flowers and birds and the whole nine yards.

Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views