Obesity Helps Conference - when should I arrive / leave

Stacy_WLS
on 3/7/14 2:32 am

I just bought my registration for the conference.  The schedule up is very vague right now.  When realistically should I arrive and leave?  

My son will be with my parents, so I'd rather not be gone longer than need be (but don't want to miss out on activities).  

I'm nervous, but excited :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

BeginsToday
on 3/7/14 5:27 am

Hi,

The conference starts on Friday morning and ends Saturday night. If you are travelling far, I would arrive Thursday afternoon and leave Sunday morning. Last year I arrived at the hotel mid afternoon and sat in the lobey meeting others who came in for the conference. I found that the informal, spur of the moment events,as in suppers together, or Starbucks runs, are invaluble for information and fun.

Enjoy the conference and all the free samples

Vera

pineview01
on 3/7/14 5:36 am - Davison, MI

When I went two years ago I went in on Thursday and had a early flight.  My room wasn't ready yet, but sitting in the lobby I met some great people.  Getting to the hotel Thursday close to the hotel checking works good as you are looking at just the conference.  That said if I could make it, being in CA again that won't happen, I would find people going in early and find people to do stuff with and make it a longer vacation.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views