UGH! Trainer got fired. I will not stress eat...

VSG on 06/12/13

My trainer emailed me today saying he got fired from my gym. I'm in thorough disagreement with some of the things that went down surrounding this whole affair. Furthermore, I do NOT like what I have seen of the other trainers at the current gym.

Keep me honest here, everyone.

While I figure out whether to transfer my enrollment to another, new gym where my trainer is going (cancelling my current contract), I WILL keep exercising.

Also, I'm not going to stress eat because of this.

Those of you that know me know that my trainer is the most important non-family member of my team. This really has me rattled.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

merwyns
on 3/6/14 5:55 am
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Hi Laurie,

My trainer was fired from my gym last summer after working with me for almost 4 years.  He was a huge part of my health and fitness support team (this was preop).  I suggest you contact your old trainer and ask for their recommendation for an alternate trainer if you can't follow your trainer to their next gig.  Mine gave me a couple names and I really clicked with one.  My new trainer is a huge supporter of my weight loss and helping me get fitness back on track as I recovered from surgery.  I felt weird asking, but he totally understood that I couldn't follow him to a new gym due to location issues.  We still keep in touch over FB.

Merrie

Jennifer E.
on 3/6/14 6:32 am

I say follow your trainer if you feel he or she is good for you. Finding that goodrapport is  important!

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

Sandy M.
on 3/6/14 7:26 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Think about how lucky you are that your trainer cared enough about you to email you and tell you!  I think of all the hairdressers that leave salons and the other employees won't tell me where they've gone.

If you make a big enough stink at the gym I bet they'll cancel your contract.  Just don't let up and don't give up.  You already know that we have to be relentless in getting what we deserve!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

butterfly3851
on 3/6/14 10:41 am - TX

I hear you - My first trainer left to go work with a chiropractor when our gym closed - I was so upset about her leaving and me finally getting back to a gym I liked and then it closed.  I went with a trainer she recommended at a new gym - I didn't like the gym at first (I hate change) but was determined to keep working out.  The trainer I went with that she had recommended is awesome - he pushes me and makes me laugh!  Good times!

You know, we have to learn how to deal with all these situations life throws at us without stress eating - it's so hard!  At least we are recognizing that instead of "numbing" our feelings with food.  It's okay to be frustrated and unhappy about a situation - it's not okay to eat the bag of oreos because of it (maybe a past behavior of mine).  

Good luck to you!  Follow your trainer to the new gym!  Keep working out - you've got this! 

tdallison
on 3/6/14 11:24 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Follow your trainer if possible. If not ask him/her to recommend new one. Hope it all works out :-)

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Tracy D.
on 3/6/14 11:02 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Here's another thought, Laurie -- maybe the universe is giving you a growth opportunity.  This trainer got you to a great point on your journey, but maybe it's time for a change.  I'm a person that HATES change so I completely understand why you would want to follow this guy to his new spot.  But it's something to think about...

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views