MFP - Discovered it in a whole new way

sanjali23
on 3/9/14 1:50 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

So I used to use this a few years back and of course stopped when another diet failed. Anyhoo, I created a whole new account on purpose, even though I new the log in to the old one...but that me is gone and I wanted nothing from those days on my new page. I went of today and discovered that I can build a recipe and get the breakdown of the macro-nutrients (fat, protein, carbs) . Love love love this feature. I'm a little obsessive so I made Mozzarella stuffed meatballs and even measured the entire mixture so that I could equally divide them into 12 meatballs. If i can get a whole one down for dinner that will be 18 grams of protein whoo hooo. I'm now working on making all my favorite recipes lower fat an tabulating them there since I have a few hours down time today. This way they will be ready to be logged whenever I need them. Best part, my 3 1/2 year old always wants to help and this morning she really got to help out so I get healthy food and mommy/daughter time...BONUS

I'm sure I'm super late with this feature but still a big deal for me.

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

The_True_KayD
on 3/9/14 3:20 am

Great restart! I enter in all my food in the AM. I just eat what I enter in MFP. I find that works for me. I know my totals before I put on bite of something in my mouth. 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

MAchick
on 3/9/14 3:25 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Yes i love it too! I have recipes saved like soup, chili, shepherd's pie. I add all the ingredients,  and at the end measure how much i have and divide into portions. My freezer is full of the individual portions and it's easy to enter on MFP.

I make sure to track everything i eat now and it's so easy with the app, love it! 

claimmaster
on 3/9/14 3:34 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Great job!  I fill mine out the day before so I don't have to make any decisions when I wake up in the morning.  I already know what all my totals are going to be so there's no last minute guessing what I can "afford" to have for dinner.

I also use an app on my phone called myshopi to help organize what I need to buy.  I only buy what's on my list and get the heck out of the store!

Preparation is key!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

sanjali23
on 3/9/14 4:26 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

Absolutely preparation is key. I'm still early out so if I'm not strict about it I could go all day and not get in the protein I need. Bad enough the shakes make me sick so I have to either fold or get creative. I have chosen to get creative and I make sure that I eat everything on that page before anything else enters these lips. So far it's been hard enough eating all that is required of me I have no room for extras. I'm sure that will change but loving it until it does then I'll re-strategize. My id is sheryl22 on MFP, I'd love to be friends so we could share food diaries :-) I need all the help I can get

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 114 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 340 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 388 views