2 days post op!

civilmomma
on 3/8/14 4:16 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

i had my vsg 2 days ago and since we removed the bandages over the steri strips i have developed a raised rash wherever the tape was touching my skin.  now i have 7 incision sites all with pink raised squares around them.  they dont ich, but my skin is very irritated.  the doc has me taking benedryl for it. my poor tummy skin!  

my pain is well managed with oral meds only now, so that is useful for me getting out of the hospital today.  i am so excited to get home and start getting back to normal.

i took the whole week off work and i am looking forward to be ing at home to work on my shutterfly albums and organize junk drawers!  as a full time working mom of 2 kids under 4, having a week home alone (kids in daycare) is going to be glorious!

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

trinoc
on 3/8/14 4:58 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Sounds so good!  Congrats!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

DesertRose
on 3/8/14 5:17 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

Sounds like you're doing great!  I hear you on the skin irritation; most bandage adhesives really bother me too.  (BTW, one that doesn't do me too badly is called Hypafix; you have to order it online or get it from a medical supply place, but you cut it to size and the adhesive sticks well without being so irritating.)

That Mom time sounds great!  I remember well when my daughter was little and I couldn't get ten minutes to myself unless there was another adult around.  They don't stay little long, though.  Two of them under 4 sounds like a real challenge.  :)

Best wishes! :D

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views