well, I lost the argument

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 3/8/14 11:10 pm - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

My wife finally got beyond her limit on my weight loss.  She's been pushing me to get new clothes for over a month now and I keep resisting because I'm going to continue to lose, and I'm still big enough that finding clothes in goodwill, etc is pretty hard to do so everything is expensive. 

Someone apparently made a comment to her and she lost all patience with my cheap butt.  So, UPS delivered a smaller scale (and size) wardrobe to the house friday.  Apparently she found something to do with the tax return.  

Ah well, she knows best. She also keeps talking something about "really looking forward to playing with her new Ken doll"...

HW: 495  Consult: 390  SW: 361 CW: 289

April is Autism Awareness Month!

Nikke2003
on 3/8/14 11:21 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

That's a great NSV! I don't know if you'll find this to be true - but I was initially resistant to buy new clothes, until I realized how much better it made me feel to wear things that fit properly. I feel as though I have more confidence and less "sloppy" when I'm not swimming in my clothes (or I guess, busting out of them if they're too small lol)

Congrats to you! Enjoy it!!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

TexasTerritory
on 3/8/14 11:29 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
You're a Ken doll! Love the visual and congrats on the new wardrobe. Seems that your wife is one smart chick!

Sandy M.
on 3/9/14 12:08 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Learning from my own weight loss journey, one of my best tips is to always wear clothes that fit well.  I wanted to get rid of my own self perception of being not only a fat slob, but a slob in general.  Plus, it really does help with your confidence and determination to keep going (puts a little spring in your step).  

Invest in yourself Michael - you're worth it!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Bufflehead
on 3/9/14 12:16 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I completely agree. We all deserve to look and feel our best. I will not wear clothes that make me look like a lazy slob who doesn't care about her appearance. And maybe it shouldn't, but wearing clothes that enhance your appearance will affect the way people respond to you, in a positive way. It's a good thing to keep that positive energy flowing! I pinch pennies elsewhere, pretty much every way I can, and I hit up thrift stores, EBay, thredup.com like crazy -- but I find clothes that look good and fit.

G5x5
on 3/9/14 12:19 am - VA

Resist buying any clothes or accept that every dollar spent is essentially wasted down the road.  I spent way too much money on clothes on the way down to normal.

IF you buy anything, buy as little as possible.  Seriously, just buy like one pair. Pants and wear them all week.  If two weeks they won't fit right anymore anyway.

If you buy stuff you aren't likely to get more than a few weeks use out if it.  And don't try to predict what size you'll be at some point in the future.  I tried that, never got it right, and surpassed all of my predictions (for the better).

Learn from my mistake, I was way too impatient and will be reselling stuff on eBay all summer.  LOL

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Machelle.K
on 3/9/14 12:37 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

That a good thing, and very motivational when you where clothes that show your success.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

huskergalWsD
on 3/9/14 12:38 am

does your goodwill have a 99 cent sale once a month like ours does? I LOVE EM..

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

LosingSarah
on 3/9/14 12:40 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Awesome!! I actually found a nice pair of jeans on eBay for Thrift store prices. You'll have to check it out when you need smaller clothes.

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/14 12:43 am

That is really sweet of your wife to do that for you.If your clothes fit better you will feel better. I spend about 60 dollars every other month on clothes that are on clearance.I figure I gave up drinking and my bar tab is zero I deserve to look nice to.

Just think how much you are saving money on food and other stuff.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views